Insider Threat Analyst (Cyber Security Analyst I) at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Insider Threat team is focused on protecting the company from an insider threat. An insider threat is the potential for an individual who has or had authorized access to an organization's assets to use their access, either maliciously or unintentionally, to act in a way that could negatively affect the organization. At FIS, the Insider Threat team is on the frontlines for the prevention and detection of insider events.
What you will be doing:
Insider Threat Analysts are responsible for conducting analysis, providing assessments of known threats and vulnerabilities discovered, and identify policy violations, among a variety of other duties related to these broad responsibilities.
- Receive and review information and alerts from various reporting sources of security.
- Gather information that will help in the investigations conducted by the insider threat team.
- Review alerts generated by the insider threat security tools and escalate as needed.
- Provide analytical reports to insider threat management for investigations conducted
- Work with operations for the tuning and enrichment of insider threat security tools.
- Monitor, analyse, and interpret system logs for events and incidents reflective of unauthorized access or operational irregularities and escalate as needed.
- Responds to incidents to prevent additional loss and to obtain and preserve forensic evidence.
What you bring:
- Strong analytical, tactical and critical thinking ability.
- Working knowledge of UBA, DLP, and SIEM technologies.
- Understanding of cloud technologies to include O365.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels.
- High level of integrity with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
Added bonus if you have:
- Preferred security training and/or certifications (GIAC, Security+, CISSP, etc)
- Associates Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or other relevant experience.
- 2 to 4 years of experience with the analysis/investigation and containment of potential data breaches or cyber security incidents.
- Proficient in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Insider Threat or employee investigation experience.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.