Information System Security Officer at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Information System Security Officer
Technical advisor for the Information Systems (IS) security requirements necessary for the protection of all classified information processed, stored, and/or transmitted through the use of the IS. Interprets government requirements, develops Body of Evidence (BoE) for the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and implements the program security plans, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with all company and government requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and administer users’ security briefings to ensure all users are aware of all requirements for the IS.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to senior management, program managers, system users, and custodians relative to IS security matters.
- Schedule, conduct, and administer security tests and evaluations programs to ensure that all the applicable IS are operating in accordance with security requirements.
- Maintain a configuration management system to track and control all components of IS used in support of classified programs.
- Identify, evaluate, and document all IS and other equipment to ensure compliance with red/black engineering and Emanations Security requirements.
- Perform audits of all IS, investigation anomalies, and record and report findings, as required. Coordinate and/or conduct detailed inquiries; assess potential damage; and develop, document, implement, and monitor corrective action plans. Perform data spill containment and clean up per customer direction.
- Perform self-inspections as required by government regulations and participate in customer audits and inspections.
- Research software and hardware to be used on classified systems and coordinate the use as required by customer regulations.
- Responsible for the implementation of Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) for assigned systems, working off the Plan of Action and Milestones (PO&AM) list and keeping the asset current through STEP 6 of RMF.
- Analyze, interpret, and verify IS disaster recovery/contingency plans to assure the rapid recovery of IS in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other functions as designated or delegated by Security Management.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is preferred.
- Security + or comparable DoD 8570 compliant certification.
- Understanding of RMF.
- Work is performed in a multi-building office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Future Clearance Required:
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $65,000 - $88,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.