Information Security & Business Technology Manager at Wowza Media Systems
Information Security & Business Technology Manager
Media Systems is currently seeking an Information Security & Business Technology manager to lead our information security and business technology initiatives. The ideal candidate will have had prior experience managing or working as a person responsible for an organization’s information security and business technology decision-making. This position offers the opportunity for significant personal growth and advancement.
Wowza’s Information Security & Business Technology Manager (ISBTM) will operate as a critical thought leader and member of Wowza’s Legal and Compliance Team while providing oversight & strategic vision on Wowza’s deployed tools, systems, processes, and information technology architecture.
This individual will lead the evaluation, prioritization, and process change deployment as it relates to critical information security initiatives. This individual will also be responsible for the creation, implementation, and ongoing management of related policies. This individual will provide a critical voice in guiding Wowza’s technology choices and solutions, ensuring alignment to corporate strategy and risk management.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of information security and information technology best practices, in order to ensure that Wowza’s internal teams adopt and demonstrate compliance with policies and procedures in an effort to minimize external threats and points of exposure. In order to predictably scale it is critically important for our internal systems & applications to be tightly aligned with business focus, strategy and objectives while maintaining compliance with a variety of controls including those related to SOC2, various local privacy regulations, and export compliance. This individual will be working closely with and communicating regularly with Wowza’s senior leadership team.
The IBSTM will lead and implement a variety of critical security and compliance related initiatives for the company, working across all departments and teams, in the U.S. and with Wowza’s foreign employees and office in Berlin, Germany. These initiatives include developing a business technology and security roadmap and identifying and prioritizing industry best practices.
Responsibilities & Focus Areas
- Thought leadership for technology and security across all Wowza departments worldwide.
- Development, management, and achievement of business technology and security roadmap.
- Ideate, identify, and implement industry-standard business technology and security systems, tools, and policies; manage compliance and address risks to create value for the company.
- Own internal security awareness and compliance policy audits.
- Own vendor security evaluation process.
- Own inbound prospect and customer security response.
- Own incident management process.
- Own CVE process.
- Cross functional alignment & communication with department leaders and senior leadership team members.
- Project management of planned technology implementation and modification of internal tools & systems.
- Developing, communicating and managing Wowza’s Business Technology roadmap.
- Assessing, researching, recommending and obtaining required approvals to support integrated solutions that solve business problems and align with corporate priorities & policies.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications and Background
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills and a passion for developing the skills and talents of others.
- A strong desire for personal growth, and the ability to successfully grow into a larger role in 1-2 years as measured by excellent performance.
- Superior interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with and gain respect from a diverse group of people and to inspire others to be great.
- Excellent problem solving skills and creativity.
- At least five (5) year’s experience working in an information security or similar role for an organization with at least fifty (50) employees.
- Bachelor’s degree along with a Master’s or other advanced degree related to information security.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $100,000 - $150,000. Bonus Eligible.
- Wowza offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available 1st day of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with strong company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces.
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the sixteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s team works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.
Wowza’s office is currently in the mountain foothills in Golden, Colorado. A significant portion of Wowza colleagues work “remotely” from their homes, both outside of Colorado and outside of the US (we have an office in Berlin, Germany). This role is open to both local Denver candidates and “remote” candidates around the world who meet the requirements of the role.