Industrial Security Professional IV at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Industrial Security Professional IV
Provide Program Security functions and assure all applicable program, federal, and company requirements, regulations, and policies are being followed.
What You’ll Do:
- Administer clearance/access; review submittal packages prior to submission to customer and refer unusual packages to supervisor.
- Administer security guidelines; work with technical and physical specialist, facilities engineers, and program managers to establish required physical security requirements and have them installed.
- Read blueprints, contract standards for security and various manuals and directives and ensure appropriate application.
- Administer Security Practices and Procedures (SPP) for programs and apply industrial security requirements; interpret most requirements from SPP or ISM and implement it with little supervision.
- Address daily security tasks. (e.g., changing combinations, instructions for guards, courier/destruction activities, arranging support/security for moves, etc.)
- May prepare and present basic security briefings.
- May assist program managers and Division/Group executives by knowing the business area, being involved in new business development from a security perspective, and establishing a clear relationship of roles and duties.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Work is performed in a multi-building office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $95,000 - $129,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.