A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Industrial Security Associate
Execute operational administrative security functions within the Ball Aerospace Security function and provide support to Program Security Officers operating in research & development and contracted programs within Strategic Business Units of BATC.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems to include labeling and tracking of non-digital and digital media; archive files as necessary.
- Recommend/develop new administrative support processes.
- Execute security in-and-out processing requirements.
- Issue security-related equipment, records, receipts, and supplies.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a security manager or CPSO.
- Schedule polygraph testing.
- Answer security-related telephone calls, direct calls to the appropriate branch or office, and take messages.
- Provide security support for passing, verifying, and receiving clearances; confirming Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security eligibility; processing visitor requests; processing requests for access to Special Access Programs (SAPs); and processing Visit Certifications and Perm Certifications.
- Update security data, run inquiries, provide quality control, develop reports using various IC and/or DoD databases.
- Maintain and update appropriate security-related databases, such as, SIMS.
- Process certifications for access via fax, email, customer-unique electronic message format and SAP and IC databases for visitors' access for daily visit or multiple visits up to one year
- Assist with onboarding and out-processing of personnel to include updating accesses for personnel.
- Provide guidance and assist with security-specific needs for office renovations and move management activities, such as, but not limited to, review of furniture for classified information, review of facilities for SCI/SAP Facility requirements, working with facilities and communication personnel to assist in defining requirements, scheduling moves, etc.
- Assist with work pertaining to the procurement, inventory control, and destruction of cryptographic material utilized by the agency.
- Conduct security in-briefings and de-briefings related to security compartmented programs and SAP programs.
- Interface in person and telephonically with outside federal agencies and prime contractors, requesting reports, referring and scheduling polygraph examinations, and answering general questions about program security processes.
- Work with BATC Program Security Officers to process requests for access, gather or provide information about prospective program personnel.
- Provide administrative support for case tracking and provide monthly reports to management.
- Execute Special Access Programs (SAP) and Sensitive Compartmented Information programs, in compliance with governing documents, to ensure customers are postured to support interfaces with the IC and SAP communities.
- Provide classification review of SCI/SAP documents prior to release.
- Operate company-owned vehicles, as required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $21.63 - $28.61 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.