Industrial Estimator/Project Manager at AMP Robotics (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Industrial Estimator/Project Manager 11/29/2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring an Industrial estimator/project manager who will be responsible for interfacing and collaboration between the Operations & Sales team and all other AMP teams, concentrating heavily on the Sales Engineering team. The Industrial estimator/project manager objective is to identify and internally communicate the correct estimate for applications relating to the modifications required for the installation of AMP Robotics products and services.
As our Industrial Estimator/Project Manager, you will work to:
- Collaborate with the Sales engineering manager in the documentation of the Estimating and surveying process and provide continuous improvement to the process as the company grows and evolves.
- Collaborate with the PMO and Sales Engineering to help to identify, create, and implement estimates and surveys for the Sales Engineering staff.
- Collaborate with the sales team to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products.
- Support the PMO team with technical scope understanding the expertise needed for installation and use of AMP equipment.
- Confer with customers, sales staff, and engineers to assess scope defined by sales engineering to determine appropriate estimates for overall installation requirements.
- Prepare and deliver technical estimates that explain AMP services to customers and prospective customers as needed.
- Develop, present, or create proposals to sub contractors for unique or challenging customer requirements.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of industrial estimating experience (recycling equipment, bulk material handling or similar preferred)
- Experience in surveying, estimating, or reverse engineering mechanical/industrial systems.
- 2 years of technical experience with electro-mechanical systems or equipment in an industrial setting
- Understanding of technical layout drawings.
- Ability to visualize/conceptualize between 2d and 3d space/layout
- 2 years of customer facing industry experience. (Sales, Service, etc.)
- Experience in a fast-paced and constant growth environment.
- Technical Associates degree or combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of technical experience with industrial equipment manufacturing.
- 4 years of customer facing experience with technical sales. (Capital Equipment, Parts Sales, Etc.)
- Experience in creating, editing, and presenting technical proposals or contracts.
- Autodesk AutoCAD software experience. (2,000+ Hours / 1 Year)
- Bachelor degree a plus but not required
- Salesforce CRM software experience.
- Solidworks or Inventor Software Experience. (2,000+ Hours / 1 Year)
- Experience in creating & implementing processes.
- Highly organized & multi-project navigator
- High School diploma or equivalent
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, some survey may be required, and will require the employee to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this task include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
- 2770 Industrial Lane, Broomfield, CO 80020(Preferred) (OR)
- Regional Location to be Determined
- Travel Up to 60% Travel to customer sites
- Please note: This role requires travel, and AMP requires employees who travel to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. AMP is an equal opportunity employer and, consistent with applicable law, will consider requests for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs, or as required by state or local law, where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the Company.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $75,000 - $95,000 depending on experience
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.