Incident Handler at Red Canary
What You'll Do
- Serve on a team who partners with customers, helping them understand the full scope of information available and make informed decisions about their security program
- Tailor communication to the customer’s level of expertise, providing education and information to help them understand the bigger picture and make educated decisions
- Advocate for the customer’s well-being, provide expert security advice, and rally internal Red Canary resources for the benefit of the customer
- Develop knowledge and experience to ask the right questions to customers and provide advice to advance the maturity of their security program
- Identify, scope, and manage ongoing customer incidents, develop remediation plans, and augment the customer’s security gaps with the necessary skills and resources to improve their security
- Immerse yourself in the customer’s environment enough to immediately recognize evidence of potential threats
- Augment the automated detection of Red Canary’s technical stack with manual hunting, to identify anomalous behaviors within customer environments, and use your hunting results to drive innovation of Red Canary’s detection capabilities
Who You Are
- Someone who understands the fundamentals of applied computer security and incident response practices.
- Has the capacity to learn and master Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) products.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands enterprise technology and security operations.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or similar
- Experience with Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) tools
- Experience working within high pressure environment or directly with customers
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Flexible time off and leave benefits
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness and phone discretionary stipends