Guild is hiring an Implementation Principal to play a leadership role in onboarding new Fortune 500 partners into the Guild marketplace as well as expanding Guild’s relationship with our existing employer partners. As an Implementation Principal on Guild’s Marketplace Enablement team, you will serve as the CEO for new employer partner implementations, setting the foundation for long-term growth and a successful relationship between Guild and our employer partners. You will work closely with cross-functional Guild leaders as well as executives at large multinational companies to inform program design, identify and assess technical and operational requirements, and ultimately translate those requirements into an implementation strategy that meets the needs of both our partners and Guild. Additionally, as a senior leader on the team you will take a primary role in helping build and scale the culture, team, tools, and operational processes for Marketplace Enablement.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and up-skill millions of employees. These employers span industries, with a particular focus on employers with large populations of front-line employees.
As an Implementation Principal you will:
- Act as the implementation owner for new employer partners from scoping through launch, representing downstream functional teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Student Experience, Payments, Partner Marketing) in the design and vetting of new solutions
- Engage with VP level executives at Fortune 1000 companies to identify and assess program and technical requirements via a robust scoping process; shape the implementation strategy to maximize speed, scale, and level of effort; coordinate the solutioning of those requirements with technical and operations stakeholders at Guild
- Own the definition of and staffing proposal for implementation workstreams, and overseeing those teams end to end so that activities are completed on time and the overall implementation is executed successfully
- Provide direct oversight to the project team during the full lifecycle of the implementation, acting as the escalation point for both the partner and Guild delivery teams
- Champion key process improvement projects that benefit Guild’s internal and external stakeholders, including conducting robust change management planning with documentation, communications, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with Client Services, Solution Design, Employer Sales, Product Management, Student Experience and others to ensure that Guild and our partners have aligned expectations on benefits administration and customer service and that compliance expectations are fully met
- Lead cross-functional teams of subject matter experts to ensure high quality implementation outcomes; given our matrixed org structure, there is an optional opportunity to manage team members directly
- Share insight with Guild’s product, strategy, and leadership teams to drive roadmaps based on market demand
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years as a strategic leader with exposure to complex B2B/B2B2C implementations that require extensive cross-functional collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/computer science or equivalent technical experience plus a degree in economics, finance, marketing, or business; MBA is a plus
- Deep understanding and strong empathy for the challenges faced by both technical and go-to-market functions when selling to Fortune 500 enterprises
- Experience managing multiple parallel work streams in fast changing, cross-functional environments where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential for success
- The ability to develop strong relationships, inspire confidence, and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy
- A knack for “connecting the dots” and identifying trends, with truly exceptional ability synthesize complex information for a broad set of stakeholders and deliver strong story-telling
- The ability to influence partners—especially executive audiences—through data, well structured arguments, and compelling narratives
- Strong organization and team management skills, with a high attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high level progress and the small details
- A bias toward structured, analytical, systems and process-oriented thinking; able to simplify and present complex problems and issues in an easy-to-understand manner
- A history of building organizational culture, giving and receiving feedback, and supporting the development of team members
- A plus would be experience in either the HR (benefits, policy) or legal industry (tax, education, corporate)
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $175,000-$220,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth