Some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring an Implementation Principal to play a leadership role in onboarding new Fortune 500 partners into the Guild marketplace as well as growing Guild’s relationship with our existing employer partners. As an Implementation Principal on Guild’s Marketplace Enablement team, serve as the CEO for new employer partner implementations, setting the foundation for long-term growth and a successful relationship between Guild and our partners. Work closely with cross-functional Guild leaders and executives at large multinational companies to advise form program design, identify and assess technical and operational requirements, and ultimately translate those requirements into an implementation strategy that meets the needs of both our partners and Guild. Help build and scale the culture, team, tools, and operational processes for Marketplace Enablement.
As an Implementation Principal you will:
- Act as the implementation owner for new employer partners from scoping through launch, representing downstream functional teams within Guild in the design and vetting of new solutions
- Engage with VP level executives to identify and assess program and technical requirements by prioritizing needs
- Responsible for the definition of and staffing proposal for implementation workstreams, and supervising those teams end to end so that activities are implemented and completed on time
- Provide direct oversight to the project team during the full lifecycle of the implementation, acting as the critical issue point for both the partner and Guild delivery teams
- Champion key process improvement projects that benefit internal and external partners, including change management planning with documentation, communications, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure that Guild and our partners have shared expectations across the board
- Lead cross-functional teams of subject matter authorities to ensure high quality implementation outcomes; given our matrixed org structure, there is an optional chance to lead team members directly
- Share insight with Guild’s product, strategy, and leadership teams to drive roadmaps based on market demand
Ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years as a strategic leader with exposure to sophisticated B2B/B2B2C implementations that require extensive cross-functional collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/computer science or equivalent technical experience plus a degree in economics, finance, marketing, or business; MBA is a plus
- Deep understanding and strong compassion for the challenges faced by both technical and go-to-market functions when selling to Fortune 500 enterprises
- Experience balancing multiple parallel work streams in constantly evolving, cross-functional environments where high-touch, long-term relationships are crucial for success
- The ability to develop positive relationships, encourage confidence, and communicate effectively while balancing confidence, modesty, and tact
- A knack for “connecting the dots” and identifying trends, with truly outstanding ability synthesize sophisticated information for a broad set of partners and deliver strong story-telling
- The ability to influence partners—especially executive audiences—through data, well structured arguments, and compelling narratives
- Strong organization and team leadership skills, with attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high level progress and the small details
- A bias toward structured, analytical, systems and critical thinking; able to simplify and present sophisticated problems and issues in an easy-to-understand manner
- A history of building organizational culture, giving and receiving feedback, and supporting the development of team members
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $175,000-$205,000 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.