IBM Middleware Engineer at FIS
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
Key Purpose of the Role
- Senior Middleware Support Team Analyst/Engineer within Worldpay Acquiring Support Services
- Responsible for providing Middleware support for a wide range of Middleware products, including 3rd line BAU support for Production and Pre-Production environments
- Middleware support responsibilities include Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Live Support of Middleware services hosted on Linux and Microsoft operating systems in a highly virtualised environment and subject to strict Change Management and Service Level Agreements
- To represent the Acquiring Infrastructure Support within Worldpay Operations.
- Provide extremely high standards of service from a Middleware perspective in terms of service maintenance, new capability requests, fault prevention and resolution
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical expertise within the following technologies:
- IBM MQ
- IBM Message Broker
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team within an onshore/offshore model
* 3rd Line Support for all services under the responsibility of Acquiring Infra support within the Production and Pre-Production and Dev/Test Environments
* Rapid response to Production and Pre-Production Incidents raised by the Worldpay Technical Service Centre, in accordance with agreed Service Operating Model Standards
* Provide Incident Fault Diagnosis and Resolution, engaging other Worldpay support teams as required
* Deliver Support services to agreed Service Level and Operational Level Agreements
* Proactive management of the Acquiring Platform environments and recommendation of measures to improve service delivery.
* Ongoing evaluation of Worldpay Application services to identify potential issues such as Capacity, Performance, Resource, Process, Patching, Security, Vulnerability plus mitigation actions required
* Escalation of critical issues in accordance with designated processes and procedures
* Contribute to ongoing Middleware Service Improvements and promote knowledge sharing within the team to ensure consistent levels of support from all team members across the full Middleware product set
* Produce and maintain relevant Technical and Operational documentation for Production and Pre-Production environments
* Provide full and effective cover for other members of the team as required during absence
* Raising and co-ordination of Change Requests including representation to Change Management and the Worldpay Change Advisory Board as required
* Execution of Changes to the Production and Pre-Production environments under authorized and controlled change requests
* Participate in Middleware on-call rotation to provide out-of-hours support
* Participate in discretionary projects/engineering tasks as requested by Line Management
* Ensure that WorldPay Security Policies and Guidelines are adhered to for all Middleware services
* Interface and maintain relations with other WorldPay teams, including Application Support and Business teams
* Maintain excellent and effective working relationships with other I&O Teams, to ensure high standards of service during multi-team support activities and Incidents
* Participate in the shaping and continuous improvement of the Middleware Support team with minimal or no supervision to ensure systems are reliable and fit for purpose
- 4+ years of experience working with WebSphere Message Broker (IIB), WebSphere MQ, ESQL and JAVA/J2EE.
- Multiple project experience using IBM WebSphere Message Broker (IIB) and WebSphere MQ
- Knowledge of IBM WebSphere Operation Decision Management (WODM)
- 3+ years experience of third level support for business critical production systems
- Knowledge of the global payments industry or a good understanding of payments transaction life cycle will be an advantage
- Knowledge of SolidDB database will be an advantage
- ITIL Experience
- Experience of Service Now
- Experience of JIRA
- SOA design and practices.
- VMware virtualisation architecture and product suite
- Java/JEE and associated concepts including Object-Oriented and Service-Oriented design
- Strong industry experience in supporting high performance/availability messaging transactional processing
- Evidenced track record of the development and maintenance of solution architectures, with applied understanding, at an enterprise level of application, data or security architecture.
- Oracle Fusion or Siebel experience would be advantageous
- Strong Linux and Windows administration skills within a highly virtualised environment
- DNS and Active Directory fundamentals, BIND Network fundamentals, including diagnostics with Unix tools RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6 or Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Able to manage multiple concurrent work requests in a fast-paced work environment
- User knowledge of GIT, Jenkins and Nexus