HVAC Specialist II at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
HVAC Specialist II
What You’ll Do:
- Provide electrical and/or HVAC facilities support services in a maintenance environment.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Perform a wide variety of building and equipment maintenance work on electrical systems, including receptacles, switches, lighting, motors, panelboards, switchgear, transformers, fire alarm panels, security systems, building automation systems, etc.
- Perform a wide variety of building and equipment maintenance work on HVAC systems, including air conditioners, air handler units, exhaust systems, chillers, boilers, humidifiers, air distribution systems, water treatment, air filters, building automation systems, steam systems, etc.
- Maintain, repair, and install a variety of machines and equipment.
- Have or obtain CFC certification.
- Track and report CFC/HCFC usage.
- Maintain training and certification on BATC clean room procedures, hazardous waste, confined space, fall protection, forklift, crane, aerial lifts, and lockout/tagout.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Schedule and monitor subcontractors.
- Provide basic construction management and project management of maintenance related jobs.
- Review and process invoices.
- Work independently with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Maintain required documentation in accordance with BATC policies and government regulations.
- Occasionally lift and carry 45 pounds or greater.
- 24-hour, on-call availability on a week-at-a-time basis.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Trade school and/or union training in electrical or HVAC trade.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $26.44 - $35.82 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.