Help Desk Administrator at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corp, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Help Desk Administrator to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
In some companies, the Helpdesk Administrator is a thankless job (see IT Crowd), but not at Uplight. In many ways, you’ll be seen as the most service-minded, thoughtful, positive, and helpful person in the whole company, and it makes sense - you’re there to ensure that everyone has the tools needed to make this the best job they’ve ever had. As a result, it’s possible that you’ll be lauded as a hero and lifted to crowd surf through the office, or at least get regular shout-outs at all-hands meetings to thank you for your superlative work.
What you will contribute:
- Provide tier 1 support for all Information Technology (IT) corporate environment, including network, servers, Mac desktop and Windows desktop and cloud-based application issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve reasonably complex end-user hardware/software problems including remote access software
- Set up new computers and re-install operating systems
- Track end-user requests in a service request ticket tracking system such as Zendesk, for hardware/software problems by opening cases and keeping case histories current and complete
- Verify with the user/customer that the problem has been resolved and close the case
- Perform basic testing of workstations, and communication equipment, etc.
- Elevate unresolved tickets to the appropriate 2nd level support
- Create, update, and organize documentation for the team and the company
What you bring to Uplight:
- 2+ years of HelpDesk/Support experience
- A team player and a great communicator with your peers
- Proficient with the Mac OS and Windows OS
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Experience working in a regulated industry and familiar with information security audits
- Experience with Mobile devices such as phones and tablets, Android, iOS, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt quickly to a dynamic environment with regard to technology and processes.
- Experience with the following software: Dropbox, Amazon Web Services, JumpCloud SSO, Atlassian Confluence, Jira, ZenDesk
What Makes Working at Uplight Amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
And also, we:
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.