Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Systems Administrator is physically present in the Denver Pax8 Corporate offices and is responsible for:
1. Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
2. Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
3. Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
Systems Administrator receives technical direction from Sr. Systems Engineer and Director of IT. The Systems Administrator reports to the Director of IT.
Resourcefulness and the ability to learn quickly and on your feet is a necessary skill in this role. The person must be a self-starter and be able to tackle complex and challenging tasks. The person should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users as well as have excellent customer service skills.
The goal is to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network devices and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build and maintain internal SharePoint and other tools with documentation, checklists, guides, etc.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of Azure AD, O365 and Exchange Online Administration Basics
- Responsible for Administering our Anti-SPAM system, Anti-Phishing and Endpoint Protection systems
- Understanding of ITSM Framework
- ServiceNow experience is a major plus
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN), patch management, Cloud Software, Imaging, Windows 10, Linux, DNS, O365 and other tools
- Ability to create automation scripts with PowerShell and other scripting tools
- Resourcefulness, problem-solving aptitude, can do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Professional Certifications for Microsoft Cloud, Cisco or other creds are helpful