Health Insurance Member Operations at Gusto
As a team member, you will help employers and employees handle their health benefits by processing new hire enrollments, qualifying life events, and termination requests to health insurance carriers on their behalf. This job is mainly computer based with some action on the phones, communicating with health insurance carriers, and team based project work to increase efficiency.
- You will run benefit operations (submitting benefit change requests through forms and carrier portals)
- You will work through queues of requests in Salesforce
- You will communicate with health insurance carriers via phone and email to confirm proper coverage for our customers
- You will help to scale our growing health benefits operations and improve our processes - find issues and seek innovative ways for us to tackle our work
- You will partner with team members on special projects to increase efficiency
- 0-1 years work experience - bonus points for exposure to healthcare, finance, or a start-up environment
- Familiar with data entry and external company contact interaction + being part of a powerhouse team
- Health insurance or healthcare industry experience preferred, but not required
- Skills in problem solving, navigating ambiguity, cross-team communication, and a real passion for operations to ultimate improve people’s lives
- Excel in a metrics-based operational position where numbers matter and data drives new projects and ideas
This is a full-time position based in Denver, Colorado. Local candidates strongly preferred.About Gusto
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.