Health Insurance Member Fulfillment
The member fulfillment team uses technological innovation to take care of key moments in the health benefits of the business owners and employees who use Gusto. We are looking for passionate individuals who seek out process improvement and thrive in behind-the-scenes operations to ensure that customer benefits are fully supported.
As a team member, you will help employers and employees manage their health benefits by processing new hire enrollments, qualifying life events, and termination requests to health insurance carriers on their behalf. This job is mainly computer based with some action on the phones, communicating with health insurance carriers, and team based project work to increase efficiency.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage benefit operations (submitting benefit change requests through forms and carrier portals)
- Work through queues of requests in Salesforce
- Communicate with health insurance carriers via phone and email to confirm proper coverage for our customers
- Help to scale our growing health benefits operations and improve our processes - find pain points and seek better ways for us to tackle our work
- Collaborate with team members on special projects to increase efficiency
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 0-1 years work experience - bonus points for exposure to healthcare, finance, or a start-up environment
- Familiar with data entry and external company contact interaction + being part of a powerhouse team
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Health insurance or healthcare industry experience preferred, but not required
- Skills in problem solving, dealing with ambiguity, cross-team communication, and a passion for operations to ultimate improve people’s lives
- Excel in a metrics-based operational position where numbers matter and data drives new projects and ideas
Target start date: August 6th, 2018. This is a full-time position based in Denver, Colorado. Local candidates strongly preferred.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.