Guild is hiring for a Head of Student Career Advancement to maximize the career and economic opportunity for our students beyond completion from their education programs through Guild. Guild has established itself as the pre-eminent company providing education to America’s frontline workforce, and career advancement will be at the center of our next wave of growth.
You will have the opportunity to develop the strategy for building economic mobility for Guild’s students — including understanding the market ecosystem, developing “opportunity pipelines,” alongside our employer partnerships teams and our partners, and building the right coaching and support services for students to tap into those pipelines.
This is a highly entrepreneurial role, requiring this leader to build teams and strategies from scratch. You will create the vision for what career services and support at Guild is, and execute on the plan to make it happen. It’s a cross-functional role, requiring you to work with Guild’s product, technology, and partnerships teams in order to enable a scalable, and effective strategy for unlocking opportunity for Guild students.
As Head of Student Career Advancement you will:
- Develop a unique perspective and vision for how Guild students can capture the greatest career opportunities, and work cross-functionally to execute on strategies to achieve that vision
- Build and lead teams that will 1) understand the overall career landscape available to our students — including inside and outside of our employer partners; and 2) work directly with our students to guide and prepare them for relevant career transitions
- Work with senior leaders at Guild’s employer partners, in coordination with Guild’s Client Services team, to help them to map out paths for their frontline workers to achieve greater career success
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other senior leaders at Guild to promote and build an infrastructure across the organization to maximize career advancement and opportunity creation for our students
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years experience working in workforce development, recruiting, career navigation or similar
- Built talent pipelines for, or with, large (e.g., Fortune 500) organizations
- An entrepreneurial drive that allows you to build teams/ideas from scratch and execute with speed and high quality
- Strong leadership capability, and have led teams that supported individuals at the point of career transition to find their next opportunities
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with the ability to synthesize information and deliver strong story-telling
- Strong organization and team management, with a high attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high level progress and the small details
- Experience engaging cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Experience working at senior levels within HR/Talent at Fortune 500 companies
- Experience at a consulting organization, especially within Human Capital or Workforce Development
- Building teams from the ground up
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop strong trust-based client relationships - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy at senior levels
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $195,000-$247,500 and bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.