Head of Opportunity Development at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Head of Opportunity Development to maximize the career and economic opportunity for our students beyond completion from their education programs through Guild.
This is a highly entrepreneurial role requiring this leader to build teams and strategies from scratch, engage with senior level positions at Guild’s employer partners (e.g., VP L&D/Talent Management, CHRO), and work across Guild to make sure that we are equipped to support opportunity development for Guild students.
You will lead teams to discover and develop new career opportunities for our students, and to apply what we learn through coaching our students on how they can capture those opportunities.
As a Head of Opportunity Development, you will:
- Develop a unique perspective and vision for how Guild students can capture the greatest career opportunities, and work cross-functionally to execute on strategies to achieve that vision
- Build and lead teams that will 1) understand the overall career landscape available to our students — including inside and outside of our employer partners; and 2) work directly with our students to guide and prepare them for relevant career transitions
- Work with senior leaders at Guild’s employer partners, in coordination with Guild’s Client Services team, to help them to map out paths for their frontline workers to achieve greater career success
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other senior leaders at Guild to promote and build an infrastructure across the organization to maximize opportunity creation for our students
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years experience working at senior levels within HR/Talent at Fortune 500 companies
- Built talent pipelines for large (e.g., Fortune 500) organizations
- An entrepreneurial drive that allows you to build teams/ideas from scratch and execute with speed and high quality
- Strong leadership capability, and have led teams that supported individuals at the point of career transition to find their next opportunities
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop strong trust-based client relationships - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy at senior levels
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with the ability to synthesize information and deliver strong story-telling
- Strong organization and team management, with a high attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high level progress and the small details
- Experience engaging cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.