Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Job Title: Head of New Venture (GM)
About FIS Impact Labs
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications.
The innovation organization has launched an innovative new that is currently in stealth mode. We are looking to hire an all-star leader that can scale the venture!
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. You will be able to scale an incredibly exciting new venture while leveraging FIS strengths to dramatically accelerate success. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape and provide immense value to our customers!
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
We are looking for a proven executive who is passionate about building businesses and teams to lead and own the end to end success of this disruptive new fintech venture. The Head of New Venture will work with the Global Innovation leadership team to set the vision for the venture, define, iterate, and execute the overall strategy, and grow this exciting new business from launch to massive scale.
- Set the vision for the company and define the overall strategy from launch to scale; including long-term goals. Drive growth, profitability and company value
- Attract, retain & develop world-class talent, including making recruitment decisions of full leadership team
- Cultivate a high-performing, agile, trust based culture
- Drive day to day operations
- Align resources to achieve key business priorities
- Proactively mitigate business, operational & governance risks
- Own P&L and cash flow. Manage burn rate while growing the business ahead of market disruptions
- Drive continuous improvement
- Manage competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of financial structure, capital strategy & strategic priorities
- Continue to develop the business model ahead of the market
- Provide expert guidance to all functional areas, including operations, sales & product
- Regularly report updates to the Venture Board and corporate stakeholders regarding progress on strategic priorities, and collaborate with the Venture Board to accelerate progress
- Invest in strategic partnerships & relationships to drive growth
- Serve as chief external spokesperson and public champion for the business
- Establish credibility throughout the customer and partner network by authentic engagement to galvanize company to create & drive solutions to core business challenges.
- +5 years of experience (within last 7 years) leading and scaling a high growth start-up or corporate venture, preferably company with funding and 20+ employees
- +3 years of relevant industry experience in either Fintech space or payments industry
- P&L responsibilities at CEO level or head of significant BU
- Proven track record of building successful products and high caliber teams from the ground up, ideally in current roles
- Prior working experience in developing digital products and solutions or experience in digital transformation projects with a traditional company/industry
- Experience in managing Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders to keep regular updates on business performance and progress
Nice to have:
- Prior leadership experience in both start-ups and large corporate
- Entrepreneurial track record; we want builders!
What we offer you:
- A driven, creative, and multi-talented group of colleagues who are extraordinarily passionate about their role in shaping the future of fintech and driving cultural transformation at FIS
- A high-visibility, high-impact, global role
- Ownership of your outcomes and responsibilities, impact on an innovative culture
- The opportunity to work closely with teams that are creating solutions for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$155,000 - 260,410. This position may be eligible for bonus and/or commission.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.