Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Head of Network Development for Regional Strategic Networks will support the Head of Regional Networks in strategy and has primary responsibility for identifying, investigating, and evaluating business investment opportunities and strategic business partnerships that are in line with Zayo’s long-term goals. This incumbent will specifically focus on broadening sales and business development in physical locations where Zayo already has a footprint. The incumbent will work across product strategy, management, marketing, and operations teams to align on sales and business development strategy.
- Evaluate “As Is” and coordinate with Bus Dev and Product / Tech on the “To Be” State of the Market Network Plan in accordance with the phased launch of markets and GTM Plan per Market.
- Define ZONE(s), Fiber Serving Areas and Network Plans
- Create Near-net and On-net target building list w/ pre-defined Capital Estimates
- Set and lock profile on building type
- Develop Build Zones and growth areas
Interface With Product / Tech
- Apply local market knowledge and needs with Product Tech designs to enable the network
- Obtain buy-in for network/product expansions (L2/L3 Pops and Waves)
- Define strategic investments on network in a market
Market Network Plan
- Customized set of enablement rules to align the asset with our target customer for each market
- Profile building type - Categories and Rank (BusDev)
- Build Network Plan to enable GTM plan per Market
- Identify spurs in a market and plan our way to closure
- Work with Operations projects on COGs savings (synergies/optimization)
Large Investment Support
- Align large investments with the As Is - or To Be state of the market plan.
- Build investment cases
- Report on the follow-through on each investment
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of work experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Base salary range: $130,000-$160,000
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave