Head of Facilities & Operations, Denver
This role will be responsible for empowering Facilities and operations (known internally as "environment") in our Denver office. The role will be empowered by Gusto’s Head of Environment.
The position is expected to provide strategic leadership to a team of regional direct reports while managing our Denver facilities. Experience successfully managing a facilities and operations team during a period of significant growth is required.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Oversee a team responsible for day-to-day office operations.
- Oversee management of building vendors.
- Maintain regular communication with business leaders, organizing input into actionable programs & goals, and setting clear expectations for project & service delivery.
- Achieve cost savings and support at/below budget, through maximizing utilization of suppliers and preferred vendors/contractors and by identifying efficiency opportunities.
- Establish and operate a Preventative Maintenance Plan.
- Develop and implement innovative programs, processes and projects that aim to reduce both short and long term operating costs and increase productivity and longevity, for both people and systems.
- Delivery of non-Real Estate projects such as refurbishments and improvements.
- Work closely with Head of Environment to ensure operational needs are front of mind from the moment a project is launched.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 10+ years experience as a manager responsible for complex operations at large office sites
- 8+ years experience building, managing and developing a team
- Strong project management skills
- Have a balanced mix of people, technical, analytical and operations skills
- Experience scaling operations
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally
- Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit a must
- Proven skills in planning and budgeting
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.