Head of Facilities Management for Oncology (Onsite or Remote) at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for a Facilities Management leader who thrives in a dynamic growth environment. This role will support real estate and facilities requirements for Invitae’s Oncology segment. And will collaborate with internal partners to determine future workplace requirements while implementing scalable processes and systems for effective day-to-day facility operations and maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have a consistent track record of achieving results and will support their team through forward-looking plans, effective communication, freedom with accountability, and personal development opportunities.Responsibilities
- Safety - lead site safety committee to drive a culture of safe behaviors and conditions
- Security - partner with global security to implement physical and information security protocols to safeguard the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Compliance - support global Regulatory and Quality Affairs organization to ensure we are meeting or exceeding all regulatory agency and customer requirements; actively engages in audit preparation and execution
- Reliability - ensure predictive and preventive programs are sufficient, effective and sustainable to deliver uninterrupted lab, manufacturing, and warehouse operations
- Sustainability - work with global ESG office to develop, prioritize, and deploy sustainability programs
- Planning - collaborate with Oncology leadership, talent operations, and employee experience to forecast workspace requirements and work with real estate partners to source and procure space and develop plans to meet those requirements.
- Construction - provide leadership to 3rd partner design and construction partners to ensure effective project plans are executed in scope, on time, and in budget
- Vendor Management - collaborate with global facility management to develop consolidated vendor programs and apply quantitative and qualitative performance measures to achieve desired service levels and nurture accountability
- Team Leadership - provide real-time coaching and feedback within Invitae’s cultural principles by driving accountability with specific, measurable, actionable, reasonable, and time bound, objectives utilizing our performance management system
- Leadership and influence - Maintain rolling 12-18 month plan for space, facilities, capital, operations, and maintenance budget and ensure alignment with internal customers and partners. Develop and provide recommendations for facilities needs in anticipation of growth requirements.
- Integration - take an active leadership role to understand Invitae’s culture, processes, and systems and drive the adoption of these elements within the scope of accountability
- A minimum of 10 years operational experience with responsibility for leading teams in a service environment
- 5 years of experience in life sciences real estate services: FDA regulated biotech, pharmaceutical, or medical device manufacturer desirable
- Previous team management experience (Team of 4+)
- Experience leading complex multi-functional projects/programs
- Travel up to 25% domestic and international travel
- Key attributes
- Thrives with in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication and negotiation skills
- Independent and process driven
- Demonstrated effective organizational change ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, Finance, Engineering, or relevant field
- Professional certification desired (CFM, CPM, RPA or similar)
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $157,200. In determining the final salary offered we will evaluate a specific candidate geographic location, education, skills and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.