Head of Ecommerce at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 17,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
On our mission to make vacation rental easy for everyone, we’re looking for our first Director, Ecommerce to dramatically accelerate our direct channel growth. In this newly-created position reporting to our SVP, Revenue, you’ll bring your lessons learned in this arena to take evolve.com to the next level. Our newly-relaunched site is ripe for optimization, we have big plans to grow our direct business and this role will be a key component in ensuring that success. You will have the opportunity, autonomy and resources to work across the entire guest journey, helping to remove friction and driving results.
Come join a fast-paced culture, while having the support of a larger, well-funded company. We’ve raised over $100M in investment capital from world-class investors like T. Rowe Price, Allen & Company, and Annox Capital.
What you’ll do
Maximize the performance of our direct consumer-facing website with the goal of making it our largest source of guest-booked rental nights. You will work cross functionally to identify opportunities, develop solutions and prioritize execution in this highly visible role.
- Ensure the right strategies are in place to achieve Evolve’s aggressive direct channel growth goals by working cross functionally with Product, Marketing, Revenue Management, Customer Insights, Distribution, FP&A and Property Acquisition
- Develop a strategic roadmap for the commercial operation of evolve.com with the goal of creating a world class shopping experience
- Be our ecommerce subject matter expert, bringing industry best practices and innovation to increase both conversion and traffic
- Partner closely with both Product and Customer Insights to understand customer needs and translate them into best in class customer experiences designed to increase bookings
- Define, own, and report on KPIs across all levels of the organization while working with cross functional leaders to improve performance
- Own budgeting and forecasting of the direct channel and represent its performance in Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Assess and make recommendations on what is needed from a people, tools, and investment standpoint to achieve Evolve’s aggressive direct channel growth goals
What makes you a great fit
You’ve worked for a direct to consumer brand and want to take all that knowledge and bring it to a readily growing organization where you can build something impactful from the ground up.
- 8+ years of ecommerce experience with emphasis on User Experience
- Strong working knowledge of performance marketing and best practices
- Excellent strategic planning skills with proven success at driving performance and profitability
- Proven track record of working cross functionally to lead and execute strategic plans
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong ability to build (strategy, teams, processes, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present to senior leadership
- Highly passionate, creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible and work within a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Proven experience managing KPIs and reporting on performance across all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated - you don’t look for direction, you make it happen
- Prior experience in the travel & tourism industry is a plus
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work in our beautiful downtown Denver office, completely remote, or a hybrid of both!
Not in Colorado? We're happy to consider candidates in the following states: AR, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MI, MO, MT, NC, NE, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WA, and WY.
For this role our salary range is $156,000 to $221,000, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.