Head of Due Diligence, Mortgage at Maxwell
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:17 a.m. (MST) on Monday, August 16, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by homebuyers who were shocked by the complexity of the mortgage process for borrowers and lending teams alike. Today, our digital mortgage platform powers hundreds of mortgage lending institutions nationwide, from non-depository mortgage banks, to credit unions, to brokers, to community banks. We work to make them, and all of their employees, the real heroes who enable homeowners to achieve the American Dream. And we’re just getting started.
WHAT WE HOPE FOR YOU...
The Quality Control/Due Diligence Manager will supervise the daily operations of a national residential mortgage residential loan Quality Control/Due Diligence provider, including all Credit, Compliance, Valuations and RPL/NPL Servicing Scopes. You will support workflow management, new initiatives, process development, hiring, and training and culture building. In addition, the position will manage client relationships, help establish and monitor client SLAs, as well as work directly with executive management to drive the strategic direction of the business.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Support, mentor, and motivate your full-time and part-time workforceManage remote team of Credit, Compliance and Servicing professionals in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible for the coordination and evaluation of the team to include participating in the hiring process; mentoring, training, and developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing concerns and resolving problems; and conducting performance appraisals.
- Lead large-scope recurring projects and solution new client implementation
- Build and execute productivity and capacity plans including financial forecast, determining capacity and partnering with leaders to meet goals
- Use business and management tools to monitor and analyze process workflows, team member performance and client SLAs
- Ensure servicer delivery is monitored effectively and continuously improve client service and operations
- Provide disruptive innovative solutions in a customer centric environment
- Establish goals and objectives for the department in alignment with overall divisional goals
- Operate risk management controls to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Support, recommend and implement technology initiatives
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
IDEALLY YOU'LL HAVE...
- Experience and initiative to deliver for our customers and their borrowers with a team-player mentality
- 7+ years of QC and Due Diligence experience within mortgage origination experience required
- 2+ years experience in a management/supervisory capacity
- Understanding of current compliance and regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical skill set - this role requires heavy reporting and ability to catch errors
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills; ability to collaborate, manage and expand relationships, at all levels, across the organization
- Ability to work with data, spot trends and draw conclusions
- Experience managing remote teams and leveraging technology like Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Ability to invent and simplify - this will be the first role of it's kind at Maxwell so this person will be responsible for handling QC while building out a team and training materials
Not sure you meet all of these ideals? We are a company focused on capabilities and still would love to hear from you so please apply!
Compensation Range: $115,000-$150,000 depending on skill set
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. You play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
Competitive pay and meaningful equity as an employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
A 401(k) and top-tier insurance plans to select from along with a FSA and HSA where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical expenses
15 days of vacation time plus sick days, all 10 major holidays, and 1 floating holiday for your birthday, religious holiday, or other special day of your choice
Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
At Maxwell, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected] All employment decisions at Maxwell are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
At Maxwell, we're looking for candidates with great experience and alignment with our core values. This is a full-time, salaried role in a remote-first environment. While we appreciate the interest, we are not accepting opportunities from contingency staffing agencies.
Read Full Job Description