Head of Customer Support at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Head of Customer Support, you will drive the customer support experience for all Checkr customers. You’ll define and build a support model to delight all tiers of Checkr customers and provide a best-in-class support experience. Tactically, you’ll own the day to day management of the customer support team, as well as drive the strategy, processes, and structure that will help the team be efficient, stable, and effective as it rapidly scales. You will be responsible for the customer support team’s metrics and development, as well delivering exceptional service to all of Checkr’s customers. Our ideal candidate is a Customer Experience visionary, has strong leadership experience, and can define and build a world-class support team. This candidate is also intuitively familiar with the foundations of Customer Support - managing tickets, promoting self-service, building customer education programs, developing specialized or tiered support models, launching new support channels, and serving as a voice of the customer to internal teams.
- Build and manage Checkr’s rapidly scaling Customer Support function across our San Francisco, Denver, and remote locations.
- Provide regular oversight of the Customer Support, Customer Compliance, and Customer Support Engineering teams and their functions to maximize productivity and outcomes
- Develop and launch omnichannel support and specialized support models for Checkr’s various Customer segments
- Develop and execute a strategy for Customer Education, including content management and customer communities
- Drive efforts with product, engineering, marketing, and revenue teams to streamline post-sale Support and improve the customer experience at scale
- Monitor, track and report on escalation paths for customer support issues and develop processes to ensure follow-up with customer escalations, issue resolution, and customer satisfaction, and internal product prioritization
- Establish, measure and monitor customer support KPIs and metrics to track team goals and drive operational efficiency
- Drive strategic initiatives such as Customer compliance audits, self-service functionality, and customer launch success
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Finance and Engineering teams to improve customer experience
- Ability to travel to to Checkr's offices monthly
What you bring:
- 6-10 years of management experience in an organization with a strong brand of outstanding customer service. 5+ years of directly managing a Customer Support organization, preferably in B2B. Experience scaling SMB support strongly preferred
- Experience scaling multiple teams of employees, including technical support, in a multi-channel environment. You have direct experience growing these teams into mature organizations with the supporting infrastructure, business intelligence, and managerial structures
- Ability to build and scale foundational support processes, as well as deep familiarity with setting up support operations (software, tools, content/training, quality assurance)
- Experience building offshore, global, or distributed support teams
- Proven ability to work with product and engineering teams to improve the customer experience
- Experience defining and implementing new support models, including, but not limited to, tiered support structures, SLA-definition, and new support channels
- Creative, analytical and results-driven orientation, demonstrated through the ability to draw conclusions, themes, and trends from data analysis, make recommendations on findings and communicate results effectively
- Experience with long term business planning at the managerial and executive levels
- Experience implementing and operationalizing a Customer Community via a software platform of choice
- Experience developing and executing a customer education program required
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.