From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is disrupting a $10B data integration market through an opinionated yet wildly successful product offering that is cloud native, reliable, and in the middle of the data explosion. This role will lead the awareness growth and engagement with our core end user audience of data engineers, analysts, and data architects.Through engagement with internal stakeholders, partners, customer advocates, and data professionals, this role will develop an engaging community experience to help professionals learn and adopt a modern data stack to drive their careers and/or company.
This is a new foundational role for Fivetran with the potential to build and create a new modern data stack community that will provide useful learnings for building better products, educate the market, and offer resources that will help data professionals be successful.
We are looking for a passionate, creative, data nerd that loves to collaborate with a broad set of stakeholders inside and outside the company.
Areas of Ownership
- Oversee the vision, strategy, operations, measurement, and success of our global community initiatives
- Manage and lead the developer relations team to engage new ecosystem solutions and their communities
- Build a world-class community experience from the ground up
- Educate and enable teams across the organization to establish a vision and roadmap of our community to prospects, customers, partners, and employees
- Collaborate with teams to launch new community programs, content, and discussion posts
- Develop strategies to expand the impact of the community for new use cases, technologies, or skill sets
- Provide reporting of metrics related to engagement and content production to drive action across key stakeholders
- Be the single point of contact for all community programs for the company
- Lead creative engagement strategies that will yield a thriving ecosystem of engaged users
What you bring to the table:
- Analytic minded, you love to study user engagement data, identify gaps in content or audience segments, and use those insights to drive action
- You are fantastic at problem-solving and identifying issues with solutions before they are detrimental to the program or company
- Proven track record for driving significant impact through new business transformation initiatives
- Demonstrated success leading teams and managing complex cross-functional projects
- You embody customer empathy, you understand the issues working with data and seek to help and promote the necessary resources to make data professional lives better
- Project management expertise who likes to organize plans and keep teams aligned and accountable
- You are an effective communicator who enjoys engaging with audiences but can also seamlessly tie or separate business and technical situations
- Past or current experience working with data as an analyst, data engineer, or dba
- Have built or run data or technical communities
- Management experience in developing and building communities
- Familiarity with SQL and the modern data stack
- Has an existing data or technical social media or community presence
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.