At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
At Xero, we're here to make running a business beautiful. By making small businesses more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we're not only helping small businesses, we'll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you'll make an impact
Xero has grown at an incredible rate and has big ambitions to scale its growth globally, with a significant focus on the US. As Head of Commercial Operations, you will inspire and enable Xeros to execute our regional operating plan. You'll be accountable for driving our most important priorities, ensuring cross-functional alignment across all functional teams.
You will work alongside the Director of Operations and the GTM leadership team to ensure we achieve our customer, employee, and revenue goals. You will provide outstanding leadership to the team accountable for delivering our most important programs of work.
What you'll do
- Play a critical role in the execution of our regional strategy
- Work closely with US GTM leadership to identify opportunities that accelerate growth & delivery of our operating plan
- Translate strategy into digestible action plans to drive annual performance & growth while ensuring efficient & compliant business operations
- Lead complex, cross-functional projects & support key company initiatives
- Drive our performance management disciplines by establishing & monitoring OKRs, identifying data signals, & initiating change that drives commercial outcomes
- Enable GTM teams with the systems, tools, & processes that unlock growth
- Challenge the status quo, identify & implement creative solutions to complex problems
- Continue to build out & refine the role of PMO in the US
- Coach & develop a world-class commercial operations team empowered to lead our most important priorities & initiatives
- Lead PMO & Regional Sales Planners team
- Build strong, collaborative relationships across all US GTM leadership & teams
Success looks like
- Reliable delivery of regional priorities & globally aligned strategic initiatives
- Accelerated business performance through operational efficiencies & optimized revenue growth
- Clear, consistent visibility to operating plan status & results
- Engaged, high performing team that has clear development plans & growth opportunities
What you'll bring with you
- 10+ years in strategy, operations, or project roles
- Leadership of high performing teams directly & cross-functionally in a matrix environment
- Senior leadership with accountability for large scale business projects
- Understanding financial measures, data, analytics & insights
- SaaS or other high-growth tech
- Exceptional people leader, inspiring others to do the best work of their lives
- Proven ability to drive results within complex, multi-functional programs
- Strong bias for action
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Superior analytical, evaluative, & problem-solving competencies
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, & influencing skills
- Ability to manage & influence non-direct reports in a complex environment
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated.
We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies. Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.