Grounds & Vehicle Services Supervisor at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Grounds & Vehicle Services Supervisor
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities & Support Services team! The Facilities team is comprised of over 70 dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s two million square feet of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer, and more informed and productive world.
Ball’s Facilities Support Services Team oversees janitorial services, fleet vehicle management, food service (breakroom and cafeteria) vendor management, mail services, and grounds maintenance across Ball campuses in Colorado. The team supports Ball’s larger sustainability initiatives, overseeing recycling and composting services at Ball properties. Operating largely behind the scenes, this team provides crucial services and support, truly helping Ball facilities shine.
In this newly created position, the Grounds and Vehicle Services Supervisor will supervise grounds & landscaping operations and manage contracted personnel as well as landscaping construction activities. You will oversee contracted maintenance services on vehicles and various special mobile machinery (forklifts, aerial lifts, etc.) and report directly to Manager of Facility Support Services.
What You’ll Do:
- Delegate lawn care, turf care, scrub care, tree care, seasonal bedded plantings, exterior landscape material installation and weed control for all Ball campuses.
- Support proactive maintenance of all facility grounds operations, and perform these duties, when necessary.
- Oversee site winterization; snow & ice mitigation (snow removal), exterior grounds cleanup (limbs & leaves); storm water conveyance cleanup.
- Make recommendations and implement methods and procedures designed to increase overall effectiveness of the ground’s operation.
- Assist with fleet management including but not limited to: maintain records, perform inspections, make assessments on fleet vehicles and material handling equipment; transfer of vehicles to and from areas of need.
- Develop budgets for equipment and programs; monitor & manage expenditure of funds for facilities equipment and services.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and suppliers to provide maintenance, acquisition, and disposition of vehicles as well as Special Mobile Machinery in support of business operations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in horticulture, landscape design, or related fields is highly preferred.
- 4 or more years of grounds maintenance experience; snow removal, irrigation, etc.
- 2 or more years of leadership experience and ability to supervise, plan and coordinate snow removal operations.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
- Experience in vehicle acquisitions and fleet management desired.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of special mobile machinery (i.e. scissor lifts, mini crawler; etc.) is desired.
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of grounds maintenance specifically.
- Familiarity with irrigation- design & repair including sustainable practices and construction.
- Skills in planning and managing a sub-contracted grounds maintenance/construction operation.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $65,000 - $88,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.