Ground Operations Mission Assurance Manager II at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Ground Operations Mission Assurance Manager II
The Security and Mission Assurance SSU is seeking a Ground Mission Assurance Manager for the National Defense programs at Ball Aerospace. This position will provide mission partner capabilities to all aspects of the Mission Operations Engineering groups, providing mission assurance and risk management support to the organization. A Ground MAM monitors and control risks to development, testing, and external systems integration for ground Command and Control (C2) and mission data processing systems on multiple programs at Ball Aerospace. The position will have ownership in how Ball executes assurance activities for Ground System Development at Ball.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with program and mission-system personnel to define, assess, and analyze mission level operations requirements and identify impacts to the customer and end-users
- Quantify mission-level risk for the Ground System Development phases of a program and facilitate transition from program development to operations with controlled, well understood risks.
- Support proposal activity by providing Operations Assurance leadership with estimates related to fulfilling mission operations assurance requirements.
- Provide analysis, guidance and risk assessment for ground operations through program life cycles as needed.
- Assist in managing ground system agile development backlog as risk and opportunities for program management and customer needs
- Interface with program personnel such as designers, customers, suppliers, management, and mission assurance disciplines to provide best-value mission/system/program solutions.
- Interface with other Mission Assurance personnel on programs to provide a holistic risk and opportunity management profile for all phases of program lifecycle
- Interface with program personnel and customers to provide best-value solutions for enterprise test configuration, execution, and reviews.
- Provide situational awareness to Ground SEIT teams during system integration with external stakeholders
- Translate customer objectives into internal requirements, procedures, and products based on BPL (Ball Process Libraries) and ISO standards.
- Plan, direct, and review efforts of Ground SEIT execution to support the program requirements while working to cost and schedule constraints.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school that is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 5 or more years of continuous, related, progressive experience in mission operations, system architectural development, modeling, and/or risk assessment is desired.
- Collaborative working skills with programs, cross-disciplinary teams and with management.
- Experience with Agile ground processes preferred.
- Experience with JIRA tool suite preferred.
- Expertise/experience with assessing and quantifying system-level cyber mission risk preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $136,000 - $187,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.