Government Property Supervisor II at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Property Supervisor II - Supply Chain
The primary role of the Supervisor assigned to the Property management department is to be fully accountable for the management, supervisory oversight, training, and performance of a team of Property professionals who manage company or customer and government owned property as directed by Ball Aerospace requirements including but not limited to all Contractual or Programmatic directives.
What You’ll Do:
- Obtain and maintain industry certifications i.e. (National Property Management Association (NPMA), CPPX)
- Regularly direct the work of employees in area of assignment within Property.
- Routinely conduct meetings both one-on-one with direct staff, as well team meetings in department.
- Actively participate in meetings of other entities of Ball Aerospace within the Property department and outside the Property department.
- Produce reports and/or present data on: metrics or other facets of product or processes required of management to evaluate state of health of the organization as needed.
- Perform internal analysis of organization performance, problem solve, assess database reliability and risk or opportunities of improvement. Conceive, develop, and implement solutions to specific departmental problems.
- Prepare and maintain required records and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations.
- Support continued maintenance of operations and positive Audit results mandated by Contract flow down clauses. i.e. Approved Property System for Ball Aerospace.
- Participate in all required Audits requiring Property information of any sort to include but not limited to: records, product, process or controls.
- Conduct Internal Audits in area of assignment in alignment to Government regulations, Internal Audit, policy or guides to ensure continuous review reducing risk or exposure of weakness for Ball Aerospace
- May create, delegate or partake in the implementation of new policies or procedures with in/out the Property organization.
- Be the Point of Contact for all Audits actively representing Ball Aerospace providing Property data as needed.
- Ensure Supervisory tasks are completed according to Ball Aerospace mandates, departmental requirements, policies and schedules.
- Ensure employees are properly trained and receive the supervision and direction needed to accomplish their work assignments in an efficient and cost-effective manner while observing all applicable work rules, safety rules, department directives, and company policies on a routine basis.
- Responsible to have their team maintain their formal education of Property and obtain industry certifications in support of DoD, NASA and other government funded program requirements while employed in the Property organization.
- Work with department management to determine staffing requirements. Assign staff to support department work requirements.
- Will take part in hiring within the Supply Chain/ Property area organization suggesting and recommending onboarding or advancement of employees.
- Will collaborate with HRBP on sensitive matters including promotions and change of status actions
- Write and conduct performance appraisals.
- May develop, prepare and/or track departmental budget expenditures and be accountable for overhead and operational budgets including.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.