Global Process Lead - Order to Bill at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position
The Order to Bill (OTB) Process Lead, on behalf of the C2C GPO, will drive the optimization and global standardization of relevant OTB processes across Ball Regions and GBS Centers through the execution/support of Transformation or Continuous Improvement initiatives. This role will work closely with both GBS and Ball business stakeholders to ensure robust, sustainable process and data design, policy, technology requirements and governance to deliver best-in-class operations.
- Provide strategic and operational direction to C2C global teams on the execution of OTB processes, ensuring a high level of standardization with minimal local variants.
- Develop and translate strategic objectives into executable roadmap with defined goals and targets, including relevant performance metrics.
- Lead OTB Transformation and Continuous Improvement initiatives as aligned with GPO to standardize or automate process steps, harmonize data, identify and support the implementation of tools to improve accuracy and efficiency, reduce process costs and maximize investment returns.
- Stay current on technology and process trends as well as industry benchmarks in order to identify and implement best practices.
- Collaborate with GBS to prepare the appropriate service level agreements and key performance indicators which define scope, accountabilities, cost, and performance metrics.
- Perform data analysis as needed to assess various performance attributes of OTB cycles, including process and performance efficiencies, identifying opportunity areas.
- Lead the Global OTB controls self-assessment and propose changes to promote improved controls and/or testing efficiency in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements within the regions.
- Conduct change management campaigns to ensure end-to-end stakeholder buy-in and support during implementation and post-implementation of initiatives.
- Act as the functional owner of the global OTB solution, understanding the configuration and features of the systems in detail and acting as the functional contact for GBS and Regional teams.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure prioritization of ERP and other system/application enhancements that improve scalability, controls, and the supplier/ (internal) customer experience.
- Serve as a resource/escalation point of contact to teams for interpreting policies and procedures relating to OTB activities.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education
- Job related experience for 10 year(s) minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: Project Management preferred
- Prior experience in leading process re-engineering and standardization based on industry leading practices in a global environment
- Experience in working with cross functional teams in multiple countries
- Strong business acumen, analytical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
- A talent for multi-tasking, prioritizing objectives, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard business process techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model - Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership - Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence - Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder - Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower - Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization
- Culture Champion - Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented - A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst - Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist - Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Ball has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing compensation ranges to ensure we remain competitive and inclusive.
Compensation & Benefits:
For all applicants, the appropriate local market competitive Salary ranges will be applied based on your experience and local market position.
For applicants that will be hired in the U.S., the anticipated salary range for this position is: $98,500 - $150,500. In all other markets, more information will be provided during the application process.
This role may be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan appropriate to the country of hire.
Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, specific to each country of Hire.
For applicants that will be hired in the U.S., please go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more about our U.S. Benefits. In all other markets, more information will be provided during the application process.
This role can be Fully Remote. Ball is a global company that seeks the most talented candidates, no matter their location. We currently operate in over 40 countries around the world and are willing to consider qualified candidates that have work authorization in any of our locations.
Applicants seeking a position in a country that is different than their residence may be required to provide personal information based on local regulatory requirements. For example, if an applicant lives outside the United States, but is applying to a U.S.-based position, applicants will be required to provide data that is required under U.S. law during the application.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans