Global Network Operations I/II at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Transport Network Control Center Technician will monitor and maintain SONET and Wave network equipment via applicable EMS and NMS applications; diagnose, repair network and customer impairments and outages; direct Zayo field personnel in the steps required to execute diagnosis and complete repair.
- Network Fault Management: Performs transport equipment/EMS fault isolation and repair.
- Customer Trouble management: Accepts customer phone calls for circuit troubles, isolate fault location, and repair fault if located on Zayo network. Provide regular updates to customer on circuit status.
- Workload Management: Ensures all appropriate equipment alarms/tickets are being captioned. Actively monitors the network and effectively transitions open issues to other NCC shifts, as necessary.
- Materials Management: Creates of part requests and coordination of spare part delivery and replacement.
- Technical Escalation: Is responsible for supporting and cross-training other NCC technicians, and escalating to next level of technical support (Tier II, Tier III, vendor) as necessary.
- Network Performance Management: Is responsible for engaging equipment vendor support, engaging Tier II / Tier III support, performing hardware/software upgrades, and validating equipment backups.
- Alarm Monitoring and Response/Network Fault Management: Is actively monitoring network equipment and facilities ensuring prompt response to alarms.
- Open/Close Network Trouble Tickets: Is responsible for alarm response and trouble ticket assignment, resolving open trouble tickets, pursuing resolution to closure on all open tickets.
- Fujitsu: 4500, 4300, 4100, 7420
- Cyan: Z77, Z33
- Ciena (Nortel): OPTera LH, DX, HDX; 6500, 5200, OC48 Classic, OC192 Classic
- Ciena: Corestream, 4200, Core Director
- Cisco: 15454, MSTP
- Alcatel Lucent: DMX, 1830
- Ciena (Nortel): Preside
- Cyan: CyMS (now called Blueplanet)
- Fujitsu: Netsmart 1500
- Alcatel Lucent: Wavestar or INC (DMX), PHM (1830)
- Infinera: DNA
- Metasolv / M6
- Netcool / Omnibus
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.