General Manager / Operations Manager at Equip, Inc.
POSITION: General Manager
COMPANY: Equip, Inc.
OFFICE LOCATION: 646 Elkton Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
ABOUT THE POSITION: We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced General Manager/Operations Manager to effectively run and manage our day to day operational needs, and help optimize and grow the company. This individual will perform a wide variety of managerial, financial, and administrative functions, help implement and execute effective business strategies, manage and work alongside our team, and be the Owner’s "right-hand" person.
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Equip is a locally based manufacturer of fabric covers that go over retail displays and equipment, allowing our customers to cover and secure their merchandise after hours and when not in use. We primarily sell our products B2B, but also sell some of our standard size covers on Amazon. We're located on the NW side of Colorado Springs off of Garden of the Gods Rd.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: You’ll be responsible for performing the tasks below both individually, and with team. This position involves ongoing interaction and communication with our team – both front office and production, as well as the owner. Because we are a small business, we all perform a variety of tasks. Here’s a list of the overall job functions separated by category:
- Work closely with, report directly to and be accountable to the company Owner
- Build rapport and foster positive relationships with Staff, Customers and Vendors.
- Work alongside and support our team and lead by example
- Take responsibility for performance and self-accountable
- Help identify and implement new process efficiencies
- Ensure company policies are implemented and adhered to
- Coordinate and lead weekly staff meetings
- Work closely with our production supervisor to ensure product quality standards are met
- Oversee and help support training and development of staff ongoing
- Handle our H.R. needs/functions
- Prepare and send customers Estimates and Invoices
- Oversee A/R and A/P
- Help enter, prepare and pay bills
- Help submit Payroll (We use Paychex and pay periods are every 2 weeks.)
- Prepare and submit necessary tax filings to ensure compliance
- Monitor Company Financials including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, etc.
- Work alongside our bookkeeper to ensure financial information is entered correctly
- Customer engagement and follow up (primarily via phone and email)
- Work alongside our Account Manager preparing customer quotes
- Work alongside our production leader to ensure accurate, timely ordering of raw materials
- Ensure all company files/folders/documents are organized and filed correctly
- Maintain an organized, clean and efficient workspace and overall office environment
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED: We’re looking for a highly skilled and experienced General Manager/Operations Manager who can perform a wide range of day to day office functions. Some of the main Skills and Attributes we're looking for in a candidate are:
- Achievement-oriented & Driven-- enjoys taking on new challenges, motivated to improve
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communications Skills
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Innovative and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of the company
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects. High E.Q.
- Detail oriented – a naturally consistent focus on work quality and accuracy for self and team
- Growth oriented -- Sees the big picture, is adept at implementing/executing new initiatives
- Works well under pressure with a high stress tolerance
- Small Business Savvy -- Understands what it takes to effectively operate a small business
- Problem Solver -- uses critical thinking and effective strategies to come up with solutions
- Data Oriented -- Uses KPI's and key metrics to set goals and track performance
- Inspiring leadership style -- Leads by example, self-accountable, puts others first.
- Proactive vs. Reactive -- Looks, thinks, plans ahead, uses forecasting to inform decisions
- Highly organized and efficient with a focus on continual optimization and improvement to streamline all work functions and efforts
TECHNICAL / COMPUTER SKILLS:
- QuickBooks (proficiency preferred, and/or willingness/ability to learn it quickly.)
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to learn our CRM system (Nimble)
- Ability to learn and use our quoting software (Autoquotes)
- Very adept with technology overall and able to learn and utilize programs quickly
- General Management: 2+ years (Required)
- Small Business: 2+ years (Required)
- Operations Management: 2+ years (Required)
- Quickbooks: 2+ years (Preferred)
- Graduate Degree (Preferred)
SALARY: This position is being offered at a starting salary of $55,000/year. We offer ongoing opportunities for growth and development including performance-based bonuses, profit sharing and potential equity.
BENEFITS: We offer health insurance, a 401K retirement plan, paid holidays, PTO, a relaxed work environment/dress code and a friendly office dog who will greet you every day.
HOURS: Monday – Friday. Fulltime. Some weekend days but rarely. Occasional travel to select trade shows 1-2 times per year
We are looking to hire someone driven who will step up and truly own this position and all its responsibilities, continually strive to help the business flourish, and thrive in this key role!