Fraud Support Associate II at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participates in department initiatives to improve efficiencies.
• Remains up-to-date on changing fraud trends.
• Participates in special projects, e.g., card compromises, marking fraud, processing faxes, updating PRM listings, processing NR reports.
• May be required to attend fraud awareness meetings through several professional organizations.
• May train new employees on departmental procedures and processes and/or assist in ongoing training for the Risk department.
• When unable to resolve problems in a reasonable amount of time, escalates to appropriate resource.
• Meets job standards such as quality standards and adherence to schedules.
• Merchant Fraud Support focus:
• Analyzes fraud alert queues for suspicious activity.
• Contacts financial institutions regarding suspicious merchant deposits.
• Updates investigation database with financial institution responses.
• Conducts new merchant account reviews for suspicious activity.
• Makes the determination when it is appropriate to initiate an account to Investigations based on suspicious activity.
• Updates fraud databases as assigned.
• Debit, Credit, Prepaid Debit, ATM, and Health Care Fraud Support focus:
• Verifies authorizations via return calls from cardholders.
• Contacts financial institutions regarding suspicious cardholder activities.
• Resolves suspicious phone calls transferred from Customer Service.
• May require second or third shift work.
• Requires flexibility in scheduling to meet department standards.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
High school diploma or GED
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of FIS fraud products and service offerings
• Knowledge of the principles, processes, procedures and trends of fraud and fraud prevention
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
• Working knowledge of MS Office, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint and computer navigation and operation skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented with good organizational skills managing multiple tasks
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Experienced support role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Performs fraud support processing, and handles calls with cardholders and/or financial institutions regarding potential fraud. Questions and issues are predominantly routine but associate must be able to deviate from standard scripts and procedures as needed. Assists with resolving fraud-related issues within the department. Resolves escalated issues for internal and external clients. May coach and share information with associates with less experience and/or expertise. Works under close to general supervision with little latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers and team leads to learn through experience. Typically responsible for detecting approximately $1 million in merchant fraud, errors and violations annually and reviewing and resolving pending investigations in client banks; or for taking up to 900 calls per month, maintaining call times of less than five minutes, maintaining a phone work time and call quality scoring average of 90%, and completing special projects in a timely fashion. Typically requires a minimum of three years customer service and/or fraud detection/support experience and prior experience with fraud detection systems. Two or more years of financial services experience and two or more years of fraud detection experience.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.