Field Service Coordinator at AMP Robotics
Field Service Coordinator, 8/3/21
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Field Service Coordinator reporting to the Director of Field Services to focus on assistance of our recycling partners as they work to keep AMP products operating at peak performance 24/7. You will be tasked with creating and maintaining customer facing service documentation, placing and monitoring customer orders, triaging service tickets and assigning resources, maintaining accurate records in Salesforce.com, and be an integral part of the Field Services organization.
In a nutshell, you will be the first touch point for AMP customers who have questions about AMP products or require AMP service assistance.
As our Field Service Coordinator you will:
- Interface with customers and sales representatives to handle both pre-sales and post-sales service functions
- Provide outstanding customer service to improve customer satisfaction and relationship.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints/inquiries via mail or phone in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in product purchasing and order fulfillment activities such as taking orders, giving pricing information, determining appropriate shipping methods, routes and rates, etc.
- Handle incoming phone calls related to; return material requests, product samples, order referrals, sales promotions, etc.
- Monitor product order shipment to ensure on-time delivery to customers.
- Alert customers on shipping and flow issues in advance.
- Provide price and cost proposals in response to customer’s requests.
- Contact customers regarding contract cancellations to determine cause and possible corrective measures.
- Develop knowledge about each customer’s business model and requirements.
- Maintain competent understanding of the company's products, their functions and alternatives.
- Coordinate, analyze and improve customer service functions to meet company goals.
- Maintain a database of customer sales orders and invoicing records.
- Field incoming service tickets as the first point of communication with AMP’s recycling partners, expertly triaging and prioritizing needs.
- Participate in both internal and external customer success conversations as the voice of advocacy for our customer.
- Schedule technician’s time at customer sites.
- Track work hours via AMP systems to ensure accurate billable hours.
- Evaluate product concerns against specifications and warranty coverage.
- Process customer warranty claims via Salesforce.com.
- Train and mentor new members of the Service team.
- Other field service tasks.
Note: If you DO NOT precisely fit the below qualifications but you DO believe you would excel in this role, we encourage you to apply! AMP is looking for mission-driven, creative problem-solvers. We recognize ideas and background diversity can be strong business assets.
Education and experience:
- A high school diploma is required for this position, but a post-secondary degree is preferred.
- 3 years of industry experience or a related customer service experience required
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Proficiency in NetSuite and Salesforce.com preferred
- Hands-on customer service experience in a field service environment
- Experience effectively communicating with multiple levels and skill sets within an organization.
- Comfortable working in the field at a customer site and in an office environment.
- Imaginative and open mind for problem solving.
- Ability to work equally well in a team or solo environment.
- A desire to learn something new everyday, then teach a teammate.
- Extremely resourceful - known as a person who “finds a way to get it done.”
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- High quality organizational skills
- The ability to work well under deadlines and to multitask
- The ability to build relationships and coalitions within the community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must maintain a valid state-issued driver’s license and excellent driving record
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement).
- 2770 Industrial Lane, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Limited travel, possibly up to 10%.
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $45,000-55,000 depending on experience. No relocation package offered at this time.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).