Field Applications Scientist Europe at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Location: France (remote). This position requires travelling up to 70%.
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
We are a multidisciplinary company executing a novel business model in a highly technical, highly regulated, and overly complex industry against a backdrop of rapid and disruptive technological advancement. Patients are at the center of everything we do, while we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
At Invitae, we’re building an organization that can continuously innovate at scale. Equally importantly, we’re building a company where we love to work. As a team, we pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we can learn and grow from one another. We rely on each other to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual.
As you join team Invitae, you are expected to help us grow and modify our culture over time, and most importantly, to challenge us when we are not living up to it. It’s important to keep in mind that we craft and maintain our culture to serve our mission, and we will adjust our culture from time to time to optimize the pursuit of that mission.
About the role
To pursue our shared mission and help Invitae grow, we are looking for a Field Applications Scientist.
The Field Applications Scientist (FAS) provides scientific application support and training on all Invitae products. This individual will support business development functions in the achievement of regional sales targets by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities. The FAS will also mentor other FAS, support pre-launched products (reagents and/or instruments) as well as assist in coordinating activities for special programs as needed.
What you will do
- Provide high quality post-sales support by training and visiting customers, delivery of email support, organization of user meetings and general follow up of customer’s requests;
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of targeted sequencing methodologies for use in research and clinical based applications;
- Acquire and maintain scientific and competitive knowledge and market segment overview for support of customers, sales and service. Keep up to date with the scientific community. Train other colleagues on new products/applications as necessary;
- Provide high quality pre-sales support by giving presentations and demonstrations;
- Participate in the organization and management of these events as required;
- Deliver feedback to sales & marketing on current and emerging market conditions and product opportunities;
- Work effectively with Sales and Service in regional/key accounts of responsibility;
- Track, record and document relevant information in CRM related to all technical enquiries from customers. Document complaints and work within the organization to record and resolve these issues;
- Develop and maintain FAQs and Knowledge Base related to technical aspects of the products;
- Ensure that high value customer collaborations are effectively supported leading to Key Opinion Leader adoption of the targeted sequencing technology;
- Participate in trade shows as needed and help find new sales prospects;
- Provide technical support for customers, other FAS, and sales personnel;
- Resolve customer escalations effectively;
- Must be able and willing to travel 50-75% to support customers;
- Assist with coordinating activities for special programs;
- Train and support customers involved with pre-launched, beta products (reagents and/or instruments);
- Mentor other FAS;
- Support FusionPlex, VariantPlex, LiquidPlex and Immunoverse product lines.
What you will need
Laboratory experience to include expertise in basic techniques related to Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) products with related instruments and applications background.
- This is a field-based position supporting French-language customers. The successful candidate must be fluent in French and English;
- Ability to travel up to 50-70%;
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Masters' degree or PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical;
- 5+ years customer facing experience in genomics in a sales or support role;
- Valid Driver’s License required;
- Strong molecular biology applications background;
- Positive external and internal relationship-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the scientific community;
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format;
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems;
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals;
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance success of project and maintain strong relationships within the company;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Proven ability to adapt in a change-oriented environment;
- Driven to perform
- Needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure execution of goals is achieved
Interested in this position? Please apply online by sending us your CV in English
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Invitae retains your application data for 12 months to process your job application and produce anonymised monitoring statistics. After 12 months, your data will automatically be deleted. In addition, you have the right to request your personal data be deleted, updated or removed at any time. You also have the right to have a copy of the information Invitae holds about you. You can make such requests by emailing [email protected]
Get to know us!
Do you want to know more about us and how we are changing the genetics industry?
- Visit our website Invitae.com
- Check out Invitae’s YouTube Channel
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram
/!\ Staffing and Recruiting Agencies /!\
Contact from Staffing and Recruitment Agencies are not appreciated and will be automatically disregarded.
Our vacancies are only intended for individuals.
Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency will be considered unsolicited. We do not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers.