Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Facilities Maintenance Specialist II
What You’ll Do:
- Day-to-day general maintenance activities and general maintenance projects.
- Carpentry responsibilities include installation and repair of walls, doors, and ceilings, repair on exteriors of buildings, and fabrication of shipping containers.
- General maintenance activities include mounting and hanging of furniture-related items, installation and repair on carpeting and flooring, repair of windows and storefronts, painting, and pest control.
- Plumbing responsibilities include work on restroom fixtures, water lines, air lines, PVC piping, hot water heaters, and sump pumps.
- Provide a variety of grounds keeping services as required to maintain landscaping.
- Perform preventive maintenance work orders.
- Provide construction management and project management on maintenance projects involving exterior and interior work.
- Maintain required documentation in accordance with Ball policies and government regulations.
- Occasionally lift and carry 45 pounds and greater.
- Position requires 24-hour on-call availability on a week at a time basis.
- Review and process subcontractor invoices.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Knowledge of forklift operation desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Siemens controls desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with crane inspections and repairs, roof replacement and repair, asphalt repair and overlay, concrete replacement, and emergency generators.
- Knowledge and experience with fire alarm, detection, and suppression systems.
- Ability to effectively schedule and monitor subcontractor activities and services.
- Work is performed in various buildings and locations depending on assignment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $21.63 - $28.61 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.