Facilities Maintenance Engineer - Contractor at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:27 a.m. (MST) on Friday, April 16, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
We are seeking a Facilities Maintenance contractor for three months. You will be responsible for all facility maintenance, vendor relationships and purchasing supplies.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that our working environment is not only functional but creates an environment that supports our culture, our employees and our mission of bring the world closer together. This is a unique opportunity for an individual who is a strong communicator, with keen attention to detail and a customer service mindset.
- Perform a wide range of facility maintenance tasks from painting, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and electrical, moving desks, etc.
- Making sure the facility is well maintained
- When contractors are required for maintenance or special projects, will be responsible for scoping the work, getting multiple bids, selecting and managing the contractor
- Manage all facility related vendor relationships, including HVAC, landscaping, utilities, security, janitorial and pest
- Troubleshoot and resolve urgent building and maintenance issues
- Own facilities procurement for building supplies and manage the facilities budget
- Manage facilities roadmap - including planning for additional capacity in the current facility aligned with headcount planning
- Prioritize facilities backlog and communicate with company regarding status of facilities projects
- High school diploma
- Basic computer skills
- Must have experience managing contractor and vendor relationships
- Must have a demonstrated ability and desire to perform hands on maintenance tasks
- Must be able to manage several urgent priorities at the same time
- Must be super accountable and responsible, good at communicating with the entire company (handling lots of inbound requests and communicating what will/will not be done) and communicating priorities and progress upward
- Must be able to both follow direction and work independently
- Must have experience with detail-oriented work and operating in a metric-driven organization
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- The hourly rate is from $25-40 an hour and will vary on years of experience
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description