Facilities HVAC Specialist I at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Facilities Electrician/ HVAC Specialist I
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities team! The Facilities team is comprised of over 65 dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s two million square feet of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established team of facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer, and more informed and productive world.
Ball’s Facilities Maintenance Teams oversees all aspects of our buildings. The team supports Ball’s larger initiatives through a heavy focus on preventative maintenance to ensure long term stability of environment. With direct impact to all processes our behind the scenes team is involved daily with the support and success of our internal customers.
In this role, you will provide HVAC facilities support services in a maintenance environment. You will operate and maintain all building systems including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, boilers, chillers, water heaters, cooling towers, air compressors, circulating pumps, fan units, exhaust fans, humidifiers, backflow preventers, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Operate, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment, and chemical water treatment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment, respond to maintenance requests, and emergency repair calls.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- EPA Universal Refrigeration certification is required.
- Must have the ability to read electrical schematics, mechanical and HVAC schematics, and building engineering drawings.
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, and electrical codes as they pertain to HVAC.
- Hydronics experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service, working well within a team and an ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Overall computer literacy required; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and with a safe driving record to drive fleet vehicles and travel from campus to campus.
- Overtime and weekend assignments will at times be required. Will be part of an on-call rotation.
- Ability to lift 45 pounds or more, on occasion, or demonstrated ability to do so with reasonable accommodation.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, production floor, mechanical areas, and roofs (outdoors).
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $21.63 - $28.61 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- For RFT/RPT Jobs: This position includes a competitive benefits package. Details are available on our careers site or by clicking here.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.