Facilities Custodial Specialist I at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Facilities Custodial Specialist I
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities & Support Services team! The Facilities team is comprised of over 65 dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s two million square feet of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining Facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer and more informed and productive world.
Ball’s Housekeeping Service team provides essential sanitation and critical cleaning services across our facilities at our Westminster, Lafayette, Broomfield and Boulder campuses, that allow Ball Aerospace to “Go Beyond”. In this role, you will work independently and will interact and collaborate with all levels of Ball employees and provide facilities support services in a housekeeping environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform custodian maintenance of 100 to 100,000 class cleanrooms to company specifications and maintain strict adherence to company clean room protocol and procedures.
- Maintain training and certification on Ball Aerospace clean room procedures, ESD, hazardous waste, and fall protection.
- Perform general custodial activities of non-cleanroom spaces, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, trash removal, etc.; cleaning restrooms, restroom fixtures, break room fixtures, counter tops, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Maintain required documentation in accordance with Ball Aerospace’s policies and government regulations.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and use excellent problem-solving skills to resolve issues as they arise.
- Provide a variety of custodial activities on Ball Aerospace grounds, to maintain campus landscaping, as required.
- Schedule and monitor subcontractors, as needed.
- Operate company owned vehicles, as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Industrial/Commercial custodial experience, preferred.
- Custodial experience working with cleanrooms, highly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills with a proven record of working collaboratively and building strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently,
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance is required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $18.99 - $25.00 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.