Facilities Coordinator at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities & Support Services team! The Facilities team is comprised of over 80 dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s three million SF of real estate over 40 properties in Colorado. This established team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining Facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer and more informed and productive world.
Ball’s Planning & Interior team designs office space in new and existing buildings, and supports growth across Ball campuses in Westminster, Lafayette, Broomfield and Boulder. The team works to implement and enhance building amenities and services and create Facilities that foster Ball culture across our campuses.
The Facilities Coordinator works with the Facilities Planning & Interiors team, ensuring requested furniture moves/adds/changes (MACs) are scheduled with appropriate vendors and in accordance with Planning customer service standards. This role is also responsible for reviewing vendor invoices and confirming accuracy of submitted, move related Facilities invoices. The Facilities Coordinator will build relationships with Ball teams across the organization and help refine Facilities processes and procedures to maximize service levels.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide move scheduling coordination throughout the office to internal customers and team members on site.
- Review, validate and schedule incoming personnel and equipment MAC (Move/Add/Change) requests, utilizing a CAFM data base, Archibus.
- Coordinate & Schedule desk phone and data moves with internal IT group.
- Daily scheduling, monitoring and oversight of on-site movers and heavy haulers.
- Assist with oversight of furniture warehouse, completing furniture inventories, performing warehouse inspections, and locating furniture for requested MACs.
- Interact with vendors in obtaining price quotations for furniture and equipment relocations.
- Extensive customer contact with other internal on-site groups, over the phone, in person and via written email.
- Establish and maintain working effective relationships within the department and internal customers.
- Invoicing verification and processing.
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation related to MACs, vendor invoices, etc.
- Adhere to all Client safety and security procedures.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in Facilities Management administration, administrative assistance and scheduling, logistics and scheduling, or office management preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Experience in scheduling of personnel, furniture, equipment moving preferred.
- Proven history, successfully managing multiple relocation requests, priorities & deadlines of various size simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively work in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Proven history effectively managing contractors preferred.
- Proven history of regular attendance and schedule flexibility.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment.
- Competency in performing multiple functional tasks.
- Willingness to cross-train for other job functions.
- Work is performed in an office.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations is required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $21.63 - $28.61 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.