Facilities and IT Manager
Wowza Media Systems is looking for a Facilities and IT Manager responsible for managing the safe and efficient operation of Wowza’s office, as well as managing the secure and effective implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs. We are looking for someone to be personally invested in ensuring that Wowza’s information infrastructure is appropriately, effectively, and securely, meeting our needs, and aligned with industry’s best practices.
What you will do:
For starters, you will conduct a complete systems, access, inventory, and security audit, identify opportunities and vulnerabilities, and recommend then implement strategic solutions. You will also identify and implement best practices to control and secure both our physical property and our electronic information. This person will oversee the day-to-day facilities and IT operations, maintenance and support required to provide a safe, secure, effective, and efficient workplace and technology infrastructure.
- Ensure stable, scalable network reliability, plan for future network needs and identify solutions to satisfy needs
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Manage all aspects of facilities management for office, including vendor relationships, maintenance, alterations, build-outs, and general cleanliness of office
- Manage internal helpdesk support for on-site and remote employees, while maintaining a high level of responsiveness and reliability
- Recommending standards and purchasing equipment for new and existing Wowza employees, office space and meeting rooms.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Establishing and maintaining an IT asset management / inventory tracking program
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Evaluating, recommending, implementing and administering 3rd party software tools and services according to best practices
- Design, develop, implement, coordinate and document systems, policies and procedures
- Hiring necessary personnel as necessary, to help carry out the above tasks
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar position, or 7 years of solid individual contributor experience demonstrating measurable growth
- Experience working in an IT role in a Mac environment
- 5 years of experience managing and troubleshooting networks
- Organization and prioritization skills are a must
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, problem solve, and manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Proven ability to effectively lead, inspire, set expectations, and hold people accountable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with staff, vendors, internal customers, and influence decision-makers throughout the organization
- Positive, can-do attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure the facility and IT needs are met for this high-functioning energetic environment, and can hold their own with highly technical colleagues
Who we are:
Wowza Media Systems, the global leader in live video streaming technology, is looking for an individual to join a fast-growing SaaS and software company that is at the center of video streaming industry. You will be working on the front edge of innovation with companies like NBC Universal, Harvard University, SpaceX, NASA, Facebook, and the International Olympics Committee. We have been in business since 2005, won numerous industry awards, and have products deployed in more than 170 countries. As a result, we are growing rapidly and building out our teams, services, and infrastructure.
What we love about working for Wowza:
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, and Amazon
- Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
- Success based compensation that rewards performance!
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful industry leader that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.