Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Commercial Lead will be responsible for the following:
The head of the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement business will be responsible for revenue growth of the business, achieved through new product development, new market expansion, setting the product roadmap and strategic growth, and driving persona driven sales and marketing campaigns. The head of the business will develop a strategy to develop and build this business. This will include overseeing a team of commercial leaders, solution designers and product managers responsible for understanding the competitive environment, setting the strategic direction of the end markets, setting platform priorities, and designing new solutions targeting the Sourcing, Supply Chain and Procurement persona. They will set the prioritization of new initiatives, for both experimentation and development, and will be responsible for sales support, strategic partnerships, market testing, sales campaign prioritization, pricing and partnership with the Marketing organization.
General Job Duties:
- Develop strategic roadmap for long term growth in the Sourcing/Procurement/Supply Chain space
- Lead the commercial team for Strategic Sourcing/Procurement consisting of product managers and solution architects
- Partner with Sales to set campaign priorities for the business and obtain market feedback
- Drive product/solution strategies
- Partner with Marketing to identify key areas for campaigns and events
- Support and drive select commercial partnerships
- Creation of thought leadership to drive business growth in this space
- 15+ years of experience
- Experience in a corporate supply chain organization as a strategic sourcing manager, category manager or procurement manager
- Experience working with new/nontraditional sets of data to make strategic decisions
- Experience in developing new products and solutions
- Leadership and line management experience
- Product Management Certification a plus
- Excellent English writing skills
- Fluency in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be deadline oriented
- Must be able to work well with others and willing to work across global time zones
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business, Logistics, Economics or related field
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.