Event Coordinator (Denver or Boulder)
- Boulder or Denver, CO, USA
- Part time
Event Coordinators at Galvanize are passionate about top-notch hospitality and detailed event execution. They have proven success in providing an excellent customer experience and enjoy tackling fire-drills with a smile. As directed by Senior Event Coordinators (Senior ECs) or Event Managers, ECs positively represent the Galvanize brand and are a key resource for event execution for all program stakeholders.
ECs are masters at multi-tasking - successfully executing event logistics while interacting with event vendors, guests, and content owners. They have worked in the hospitality industry and are therefore able to creatively execute logistical needs at Galvanize events.
ECs provide availability to the Event Managers on a monthly basis and will be scheduled as needed to support event execution. Under the direction of Event Managers or Senior Events Coordinators, ECs ensure the event space is set up and taken down efficiently and effectively.
- Arrange event room setup and breakdown including all needs for seating, staging, A/V, Food/Beverage, etc.
- Move and install heavy equipment as needed. Based on Senior EC or Event Manager direction professionally receive deliveries and direct vendors for events from rental companies, caterers, A/V.
- Gain full-knowledge of event space layout, capabilities, as well as functional details and storage locations of all event assets.
- Provide post event feedback and improvement areas to Senior ECs and/or Event Manager.
- Graciously and efficiently welcome guests to Galvanize, acting as security a checkpoint and registering them on the Galvanize ipad system, and direct them to the event location.
- Confidently speak to the general mission of Galvanize and our core offerings, with strong ability to convert interested guests into leads by directing them to the appropriate Galvanizer to learn more about our programs.
- Monitor and proactively respond to needs of event organizers and guests throughout the duration of the event.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow detailed directions.
- Enjoy problem solving in fast-paced environments.
- Enjoy customer service.
- High-school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs of heavy equipment.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.