Event and Incident Administrator, NOC team at RingCentral
What if you could change the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
As a member of the RingCentral Engineering team, you’ll solve complex, business-critical problems with elegant, user-friendly solutions that perform at massive scale. It’s a once-in-a-career chance to get your hands on the latest-and-greatest technologies, and build the platform that’s reshaping the way the world communicates.
The Event and Incident Administrator is responsible for event analysis including investigation and auditing network trends, following the protocol for incident management, documenting all aspects of an incident and event correlation, working with all stakeholders of an incident to ensure timely response and thorough communication and documentation.
If you have excellent communication skills and are looking for a position that can open up doors for you into a technical role, this is the position for you.
The Event and Incident Administrator is responsible for leading a variety of facilitation and administrative support functions for planned maintenance (event) and unplanned maintenance (incident):
- Root cause analysis and isolation of common and repetitive events to identify trends.
- Reviewing past outages to determine new events and thresholds to implement into production.
- Provide incident and event commanders with support as needed i.e. paging, on-call list navigation, sending customer-facing communication, etc.
- Lead and maintain documents and timelines of all technical elements and conversations during incidents and events to capture system changes.
- Prepare and distribute event and incident reports.
- Lead and participate in the activities associated with a variety of departmental projects including preparing reports, material, documentation, and coordinating tasks to include assisting with quarterly training objectives for the team.
- Maintain and review department policies and procedures, providing recommendations as needed.
- Create, track, and follow up with other Operations teams for action items resulting from incidents.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency responding to incidents and following processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to articulate technical issues into customer facing documentation.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required, technical certifications a plus
- Minimum 3 years of business writing experience; skilled at MS Office
- Skilled in facilitation of meetings, conference calls
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with computers or familiarity with a technical environment.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time employee position, with a rotating on-call schedule as a requirement. This role will fill shifts anywhere from 5:00am – 8:00pm and although not required to work our night shift, should have the flexibility to work diverse schedules, including weekends and holidays.
Benefits and Amenities:
- Centrally located in Centennial, CO.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
- On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.