Ethernet Install Technician at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Ethernet Install Technicians are a skilled team of network professionals who are responsible for the configuration and activation of all customer Ethernet services within Zayo’s MEF compliant, Tier I IP/Ethernet network. Responsibilities include support of Zayo’s customers throughout the install, test, and turn-up process, and ensuring the network and supporting documentation adheres to Zayo’s strict standards for ongoing customer support.
- Provision, test, and turn-up Ethernet services across multiple hardware platforms for Zayo based on design records/diagrams.
- Responsible for the deployment of new equipment as well as new customer services across the network.
- Maintain processes and procedures documentation relating to the provisioning, test, and activation of Zayo Ethernet services.
- Ensure the proper documentation and network reliability standards are followed for the ongoing support of these services going forward.
- Document work efforts in OSS system to track circuits through the install process.
- Ensure Zayo is creating the finest network available for the support of our customers and long term company financial success.
- Interact with customers to provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Work nights and/or weekends as necessary and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Work well as a part of a team as well as being able to perform as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four year college or technical school and two years’ related experience and/or training specific to IP and Ethernet networking; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as the trouble ticketing and circuit inventory software.
- Knowledge of the following Transmission and TCP/IP standard telecommunication practices and technologies:
- Ethernet and IP Networking
- BGP, OSPF, RIP, MPLS/VPLS, Spanning Tree Protocols, G.8032
- Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel Lucent Operating Systems
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave