Ethernet Install Technician
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Ethernet Install Technicians are a skilled team of network professionals who are responsible for the configuration and activation of all customer Ethernet services within Zayo’s MEF compliant, Tier I IP/Ethernet network. Responsibilities include support of Zayo’s customers throughout the install, test, and turn-up process, and ensuring the network and supporting documentation adheres to Zayo’s strict standards for ongoing customer support.
- Provision, test, and turn-up Ethernet services across multiple hardware platforms for Zayo based on design records/diagrams.
- Responsible for the deployment of new equipment as well as new customer services across the network.
- Maintain processes and procedures documentation relating to the provisioning, test, and activation of Zayo Ethernet services.
- Ensure the proper documentation and network reliability standards are followed for the ongoing support of these services going forward.
- Document work efforts in OSS system to track circuits through the install process.
- Ensure Zayo is creating the finest network available for the support of our customers and long-term company financial success.
- Interact with customers to provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Work nights and/or weekends as necessary and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Work well as a part of a team as well as being able to perform as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school and two years’ related experience and/or training specific to IP and Ethernet networking; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as the trouble ticketing and circuit inventory software.
- Knowledge of the following Transmission and TCP/IP standard telecommunication practices and technologies:
- Ethernet and IP Networking
- BGP, OSPF, RIP, MPLS/VPLS, Spanning Tree Protocols, G.8032
- Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel Lucent Operating Systems
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.