Enterprise Systems Architect at CircleCI
CircleCI has enjoyed a tremendous amount of growth, and as we grow our business we continue to adapt the way we operate as an organization. We have empowered our individual departments and regions to make the decisions and investments necessary to optimize their functions, and as we move into the next stage of growth we recognize an opportunity to integrate and operate our critical back office systems on a more global scale. As our Business Integrations Architect, you will be responsible for defining the vision and execution model for the portfolio of business applications and product capabilities necessary to support our business requirements and scaling needs. You will define the target state of our systems and data model, and determine the plan required to achieve the next stage of operational efficiency. We are looking for someone who is driven, business-minded, technically strong, and has the experience of driving architectural decisions for a consumption based SAAS business.What you'll do:
- Partner with business leadership to identify requirements to establish a clear, consistent vision for our business systems portfolio as well as supporting technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Drive the decisions needed to establish the domain boundaries between our product platform and other back-office systems to ensure we have a sound design that leverages off the shelf capabilities while supporting our unique business requirements
- Establish a clear data model that ensures our portfolio of systems can be integrated in a cohesive and consistent manner
- Identify and architect the critical plumbing needed to integrate our back office applications, and to provide a good experience to customers accessing external-facing components
- Help design scalable, secure and robust business processes and back them up with technology that can support them
- Ensure that individual technical solutions align with overall architectural vision
- Suggest areas of improvements in our current processes and identify aspects that can benefit from automation.
- Build strong partnerships with business stakeholders, development partners and peers on other multi-functional teams such as Marketing, Sales, Strategy and Operations.
- 10+ years experience in IT and back-office systems design and integration
- You have previous experience driving the systems architecture for a scaling SAAS business driven off a consumption based model
- You have experience with our Sales & Marketing Tech Stack (Marketo / Salesforce / Gainsight / Zendesk) .
- You are a self-motivated, creative person with analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and social skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas.
- You have the confidence and experience to influence and drive change across a number of other teams and departments
- You have experience with database schema design, data cleansing/appending, data exporting.
- You can provide leadership to technical resources, and can work with project managers to drive initiatives.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.