ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an Enterprise Customer Success Manager to partner with customers post-sale to drive adoption and ensure customer satisfaction, growth, and retention.
Our Customer Success Mission
To empower all customers to achieve their business goals through learning so that Udemy is an indispensable resource, and to become a partner our customers adore. We will serve as strategic advisors and provide trusted support. We will be the voice of the customer internally and will foster strong cross functional partnerships. Our customers’ success will be the engine that drives Udemy’s success.
Our Customer Success Core Values
How We Do It
Our Customer Success Managers are responsible for partnering with our most valued customers, to help them successfully adopt our product (Udemy for Business) and in turn, ensure they meet their business goals.
We love people! We build relationships with learning champions and executives. We can’t wait to get onsite with customers. Internally, our team is close and loves to collaborate. We also put a ton of effort into building tight cross-functional partnerships with other departments at Udemy including Marketing, Product and Sales.
We are revenue driven. We own renewals and get excited when we identify an upsell opportunity. Our partnership with Sales is tight, and we share a joint passion for meeting and exceeding our goals.
We like going deep and wide. We aren’t yes people, order takers, or ticket triagers. We talk to our customers regularly and aren’t afraid of getting our hands dirty. We use our consultative mindset to help our customers plan their learning strategy, deploy new programs, and measure success. Our customer base is growing quickly, and we leverage the experience and creativity of our team to create new ways to engage and delight our customers.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Proactively own and manage the success of a portfolio of enterprise-level Udemy for Business (UFB) customers
- Develop individual success plans for each customer to ensure UFB adoption, expansion and loyalty across your portfolio of customers
- Be an expert on the UFB Platform, with a deep understanding of our technology and content
- Consult with customers on their internal learning and development strategy and challenge leaders to drive change across their organization
- Create and implement internal promotion programs within customer organizations to generate awareness and drive usage of UFB
- Build and maintain trusted advisor relationships at the executive level
- Partner with Sales to develop an account strategy for each Enterprise customer to hit retention and upsell targets
- Onboard and train new customers. Partner with Implementation Engineers to ensure successful project management and ongoing support of custom features and API integrations.
- Create a customer feedback loop with product management to surface customer requests and help translate customer feedback into product requirements
- Partner with marketing to develop customers for case studies and media opportunities
- Own the creation of internal and customer facing processes, programs and materials to improve the quality and efficiency of the Customer Success department
We’re excited about you because you have:
- Intensely curious, lifelong learner
- 5-8 years of B2B SaaS customer success, account management, consulting and/or sales experience working with large, enterprise-level accounts (> $150k ACV)
- Experience working with HR/L&D customers
- Ability to build and nurture trusted relationships
- Ability to identify, work and close complex deals
- Experience developing strategies to increase adoption of technology solutions
- Basic understanding of concepts related to customer integrations (e.g,, Single Sign-On, APIs, feature customization, etc.)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Superior project and time management skills; excellent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, start-up environment, but also an interest in helping build sustainable processes
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-level global customer experience together
Minimum $102,000+ Equity + Bonus + Benefits (See Below)
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, telehealth, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year; during COVID-19, Udemy also provides roughly one “Wellness Day” per month while working from home.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round
Udemy’s Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description