Enterprise Architect, Workplace Solutions at Four Winds Interactive (Remote)
Are you ready to seize the opportunity to help enterprise customers reimagine their digital workplace strategies? Our customers and prospects are interested in creating their post-pandemic workplaces of the future – where hybrid working is enabled by exciting and engaging digital workplace experiences and venues where employees can collaborate and meet with clients in a safe and productive manner.
If so, then this senior-level position as an Enterprise Architect, Workplace Solutions with Four Winds Interactive (FWI) is for you.
The workplace is changing from a destination that employees go to every day to a space used as a venue to meet, socialize, collaborate, get training, and attend workgroup, team, and company meetings and events. The workplace of the future will support hybrid working, where employees who are able will work some of the time from home offices as they did during the pandemic will split time working from home and the office. When they come into the office, they will need to register, potentially do a health attestation, find and reserve a desk, and book meeting rooms and spaces and other services. They will want to quickly find their reserved space with wayfinding, know who else is in the office, and what services are available to them that day. And they will want to do this from an amazing mobile application experience.
In this context, the Enterprise Architect, Workplace Solutions will work with our largest enterprise prospects and existing customers via interactive customer workshops to envision this new way of working and digital workplace experience and define the customer’s vision, strategy, and roadmap to get there. You will work at a detailed level to define customer requirements including assessing requirements for buildings, floors, meeting spaces and rooms, desks, mobile users and potentially, sensors. You will seek to understand the customers property characteristics, floorplans and maps, and system integration requirements. You will work together with the FWI Sales and Solution Engineering teams to formulate an initiative roadmap including solution and integration architecture, deployment plan, business case with financially quantified benefits and business proposal for investment in our FWI SmartSpace workplace SaaS software and sensors. Your business proposal will also include professional services estimates to make the initiative come to life. You will compose an executive-level PowerPoint presentation to present your findings, recommendations, and proposal to customer executives.
This senior-level role also provides the opportunity to work directly with senior FWI executives internally to continuously refine and enhance our solution strategy and go to market positioning for our Smart Space workplace solution and our thought leadership position on digital workplace experiences. You will regularly interface with executive leadership in Product Development, Pre-Sales Solution Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Professional Services and Office of the CEO. You will be the organizational thought leader, lead subject matter expert, evangelist and standard bearer for our digital workplace vision, strategy, and solutions.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. We encourage you to apply for a position with FWI even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We believe in fostering an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive.
This dually focused, senior-level role will both work in a customer-focused capacity primarily with our Sales and Solution Engineering teams to define customer initiatives, requirements, and business proposals for investment in FWI SmartSpace cloud SaaS solutions. This role will also work internally with executives to refine and enhance the solution strategy and go to market positioning for our offering.
- Regularly support and lead pre-sales and sales pursuits for FWI’s SmartSpace workplace solution offering with our largest, enterprise customers. Each pursuit will have a v-team that includes team members from sales, pre-sales (solution engineering), customer success and implementation services scoping/pre-sales.
- Lead customer-facing workshops to define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for digital workplace initiatives. This includes but is not limited to helping customers define flexible working strategies, return to work strategies, hybrid workplace strategies, defining collaboration, networking, and workplace neighborhood strategies, and using insight and analytics to understand office and space demand.
- Define detailed requirements for the initiative, including an assessment of buildings, floors, meeting rooms/spaces, desks, mobile users, optional IoT sensors and system integrations.
- Work with Sales and Solution Engineering teams to come up with customer pricing and investment options for SaaS, optional sensor hardware and Implementation Services.
- Synthesize findings and requirements into a roadmap and deployment plan to make the initiative come to life, with supporting financially quantified business case and a business proposal for investment.
- Construct an executive-level PowerPoint presentation summarizing the complete story of the initiative and present it to customer executive leadership.
- Develop relationships with executive leadership in Product Development, Pre-Sales Solution Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Professional Services and Office of the CEO.
- Establish periodic cadences with these leaders to continuously refine and enhance our solution strategy and go to market positioning and messaging for our Smart Space workplace solution.
- Become the organizational thought leader, lead subject matter expert, evangelist and standard bearer for our digital workplace vision, strategy, and solutions. Continuously enhance your knowledge with market trends and corresponding solutions in the space.
- Executive-style leadership, presence, and presentation skills.
- Experience. You have prior experience in a similar pre-sales Enterprise Strategist or Enterprise Architect role for SaaS software. We will also consider those with demonstrated experience in defining, leading, and delivering SaaS software implementation initiatives from a management consulting/professional services perspective.
- Professionalism. You have a high degree of demonstrated confidentiality, maturity, tactfulness, and business ethics.
- Listening. You can take in customer feedback, including sensitive inquiries, issues, and complaints, and respond diplomatically.
- Facilitation and negotiation. You can express creative and action-oriented approaches to solve workplace-related business challenges using cloud-powered SaaS applications.
- Organization and communication. You are a motivated, high energy self-starter that operates independently with little supervision, and you have strong planning, organization, critical thinking, decision-making and communication (verbal and written) skills. You have a track record for building cross-functional consensus quickly and leading by example.
- Learning. You are a continuous learner and will self-educate on FWI’s SmartSpace workplace solutions, the industry, market trends. You are committed to becoming a product expert on our solution and using best practice to achieve customer goals. You have a desire to uncover and understand business challenges and technology challenges deeply in this space.
- Evangelism. You will be the standard bearer for FWI’s digital workplace vision, strategy, and solutions.
- Flexibility and adaptability. You can cope with a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous and changing environment, and you have an unfailing sense of humor.
- Coaching and mentoring. You have a track record of developing others, even when they do not report directly to you. You freely share your knowledge with others and enjoy being the rising tide that lifts all boats.
- Technical Experience. You can both understand and define/design solution-level architectures. You understand data management, including insights and analytics. You understand how both native and non-native mobile applications work. You have a working understanding of emerging technologies including machine learning, artificial intelligence, and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Professional Experience. Minimum ten (10) or more years of total professional experience.
- Education. An undergraduate degree is required preferably in a quantitative field (e.g., computer science, engineering, operations research, quantitative analysis, mathematics, or similar field). A Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) is highly desirable.
Helpful for Success:
- Experience. Prior experience selling or implementing workplace management software. Candidates with experience in this space, and a knowledge of the capabilities, typical solutions offered, common system integrations and overall competitive landscape will be prioritized.
- Business & Industry knowledge. Experience with workplace and real estate management concepts, business processes, financials, issues, etc. Membership in trade associations in this space is highly desired.
- Capability knowledge. A working understanding of desk booking and hoteling, hot desking, meeting room/space reservations, event and visitor management, wayfinding, sensor integration, enterprise system integrations and workplace analytics.
- Technical Experience. A working understanding of CAD system-generated floor plans and maps and how they can be leveraged in a solution. Understanding of technical integrations, including but not limited to:
- Hardware-based IoT area, room, and desk sensors
- Microsoft Active Directory, Identity and Access Management providers, LDAP
- Productivity software: Office 365, Google Docs & Calendar, Microsoft Teams & Viva, Slack
- Mapping software: Google and Bing maps
- Facilities and Space Management software
- Building Automation, Lighting, and HVAC software
- Security badging software
- Service Management software: ServiceNow, etc.
- HR, HCM and Employee directory software: Workday, SuccessFactors, etc.
- Location. This position can be located anywhere in the continental United States (US). Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- Travel. Once we are able, this role may require up to 50% travel domestically (US) with opportunities for occasional international travel.
- Sponsorship. Currently visa sponsorship is not available.
- Full-time. This is a full-time, exempt employment opportunity.
Anticipated Compensation Range: $180,000.00 to $220,000.00 +Variable
About Four Winds Interactive
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.