$55,536.00 To $80,000.00
*Relocation assistance is not provided and this is not a remote position. FirstBank does not sponsor work visas.
Founded in 1963, FirstBank maintains more than $20 billion in assets and operates over 110 branch locations across Colorado, Arizona and California. Its growth can be attributed to one simple philosophy: do right by customers, communities and employees, which at is the center of the company’s “banking for good” mantra. FirstBank believes that a company is nothing without the people that comprise it, and prides itself in hiring and training a diverse and talented group. By joining the FirstBank team you will experience its great team culture with ample opportunity for growth. There’s an opportunity for everyone with positions all across the company, from Teller and Call Center to Technology and Lending. Apply today to learn more and join the team!
A Brief Overview
Responsible for installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of systems such as PCs, VMs, mobility, messaging and desktop operating systems in a 24x7 virtualized enterprise environment. Participates in technical research, planning and documentation for assigned projects and issues. Assists in defining customer requirements to provide highly available, secure solutions. Participate in on-call rotations and after-hours work as required by system implementations, outages or upgrades.
What you will do
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of projects involving existing and new technical solutions.
- Participate in the implementation of the infrastructure for a new solution following procedures listed in the Infrastructure Department Policies and Procedures manual as well as the Information Protection Policy manual.
- Maintain documentation of assigned systems, PC and printer hardware assets on an on-going basis; include documentation updates as an integral part of every project.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems; coordinate resolution with internal technical resources and external vendors.
- Provide escalation support for the Technical Support staff to assist in troubleshooting or problem resolution.
- Collaborate with other Technology staff and third party vendors as required for the implementation of new or upgrades to existing systems.
- Monitor the capacity and performance of systems and make recommendations for improvements as necessary.
- Follow change control procedures during new implementations and changes to existing systems.
- Collaborate with the Security team to resolve findings from various audits and in the implementation, support and troubleshooting of supported services.
- Maintain knowledge of current and developing technologies, recommend evaluation of emerging technologies that would benefit the Infrastructure.
- Communicate with management on the status of projects.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in related field.
- A combination of post-high school education, job related certification and related experience equivalent to 3 years may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills; ability to balance responsibilities of multiple projects while meeting agreed upon objectives
- Good technical problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure software
- Working knowledge of LAN protocols and technologies, such as TCP/IP and Ethernet; ability to troubleshoot network services such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP and FTP
- Good understanding of LAN hardware, such as servers and storage systems; ability to learn new systems and integrate them into the Infrastructure
- Working knowledge of enterprise versions of Windows and MAC operating systems
- Ability to implement and maintain information security standards at the operating system and application levels,
- Good understanding of directory services such as Active Directory and LDAP
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
- Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
- Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
- Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
- Must be able to exchange accurate information
Statement of Benefits
FirstBank offers a suite of benefits that support our employees’ professional, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Benefits currently offered with our positions include: Paid Time Off/paid leave programs, 401K/Employee Stock Ownership, United Healthcare medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision, Employee tuition reimbursement, Volunteer Time Off, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance/AD&D.
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.