Eligibility Department Manager
Greater Denver Area
Who We Are:
OrthoFi is a Denver-based startup that is revolutionizing the orthodontic industry with software solutions that give doctors the capability to start more patients and to offload time-consuming front-office processes. Our patent-pending solution puts patients in control of their payment plans and makes costly treatments affordable to almost everyone. Founded by a dynamic combination of medical professionals, Wall Street veterans, and Fortune 500 executives, OrthoFi is revenue positive and poised to experience hyper-growth over the next five years. OrthoFi is on Inc. 5000’s Best Places to Work, ranked in Built in Colorado’s list of Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, and is #164 on the Inc. 5000 for 2018.
In the OrthoFi community, members are valued for who they are, supported no matter where they are, and motivated to excel personally and professionally. People who join our community are self-starters and love a challenge! We’re looking for passion-driven, dynamic individuals that are excited about a fast-paced and fun environment. Our team enjoys the opportunity to impact people’s lives and help to create more smiles every day.
OrthoFi is building a world-class team that is committed to wowing customers at every opportunity. We are looking for an Insurance Eligibility Department Manager that is excited to join a fast-paced startup that is on the verge of realizing hyper-growth. The Insurance Eligibility Department Manager will report to the Vice President of Revenue Cycle Management and will be responsible for delivering world-class service to our clients by realizing the strategy for how OrthoFi partners with and supports Orthodontic staff, doctors, and patients using OrthoFi’s Insurance services. We are looking for someone who is a passionate leader, someone who inspires others to grow and exceed! This person will be able to establish efficient processes and procedures while connecting team members to OrthoFi’s vision of being the global leader in enabling elective healthcare providers to grow their practices.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for the successful delivery of OrthoFi’s Insurance Services to meet/exceed our SLA commitments
- Create a cohesive team that delivers exceptional customer service based on OrthoFi’s goals and objectives
- Hires, trains, coaches, and evaluates the performance of direct reports.
- Develop a leadership team into effective coaches, capable of teaching both hard and soft skills.
- Partner with the quality assurance team on eligibility training requirements to facilitate accurate benefit estimates, and maximize insurance payments with minimal delay.
- Create a service culture that will have a positive impact on internal and external customer satisfaction metrics such as Net Promoter Score
- Follow up and spot check the coaching of the frontline teammates, ensuring they receive weekly/bi-weekly feedback enabling the success of the individual
- Maintain insurance policies and procedures that are in compliance with legal, contractual, and ethical best practices
- Provide escalation support and assist in troubleshooting root cause for escalated issues
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge of OrthoFi systems and processes
- Drive continuous improvement ideas to improve service delivery of the team, creates excitement, and enhances the OrthoFi brand
- Participate in the hiring process
- Provide tactical oversight and leadership while also driving the strategy of the overall team
- All other duties as assigned
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years experience in a dental/ortho/medical claims processing experience (Ortho preferred but not required)
- Previous Claims Management/Revenue Cycle Management experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and active listening
- In-depth knowledge of insurance best practices
- Proficiency with benefits eligibility checks, claims submission and follow up
- Experienced with MS Office and/or Google Docs
- Ability to adapt and change quickly
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Expert communicator and analytical thinker
- Prior experience within Orthodontic, Dental or Healthcare is a plus
- Nurturing and supportive culture
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly team building activities
- Company and team outings
- Meditation sessions and wellness initiatives
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Casual dress atmosphere
- Snacks and coffee
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Read Full Job Description